Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab downloader not properly recognizing the stream (format)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD StreamFab downloader not properly recognizing the stream (format)

Log is available here:
    Streamfab-Log.zip (trashbytes.net)

Service affected: MPD Downloader (generic)

it's saying "real m3u8" in the log but it's an mpd link... that can't be right?

The relevant errors are

Code:
    2024:09:22-08:54:42 0x0000c994 [Info]: UpdateDownloadStatus : Status_request_metadata --> Status_request_metadata_failed
    2024:09:22-08:54:42 0x0000c994 [Info]: M3u8RootCB not ready content.
    2024:09:22-08:54:42 0x0000c994 [Info]: UpdateDownloadStatus : Status_request_metadata_failed --> Status_request_metadata_failed
    2024:09:22-08:54:42 0x0000c994 [Info]: M3u8RootCB not ready content.
    2024:09:22-08:54:43 0x0000b2a8 [Info]: ele second : 61​
    m3u8-url clearly contains
    Code:
    -policymode_hls2dash.m4v
    at the end
    (plus some query params)

MagentaTV was never officially supported by SF ..
    .. so post a Feature Request - here

Magenta TV can't be downloaded anymore

I can dl all manually (max 720p) ..
    .. but of course I don't have access to your personal records to get the keys​

Comment

Originally posted by theLoveForStreaming View Post
      Log is available here:
      Streamfab-Log.zip (trashbytes.net)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-22 5.07.35 AM.png
Views:	196
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	450721

This is bullshit. 19.6MB WTF! If you want help, it is standard policy on this forum to attach the StreamFab.log to a forum message. Follow this method ---
      Delete the existing StreamFab.log from your Log directory. Run the ONE download that you are having problems with. Exit StreamFab. Do not edit this new StreamFab.log in any way. Attach your StreamFab.log to a post here on the forum.​ Do not send the entire log directory. Do not send any other file but StreamFab.log. If you follow these instructions, there is no need to compress the file using ZIP, RAR, or any other compressor program.

Also, learn how to post an issue --- https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...eamfab-section

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
        MagentaTV was never officially supported by SF ..
        I wasn't asking it to be. DRM MPD downloader is supposed to handle it.
        I clearly stated which plugin issue I am reporting.

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        This is bullshit. 19.6MB WTF!
        (...)
        Do not send the entire log directory.
        (...)
        re "bullshit"
        1. You're doing something very wrong, the file is 11 KB.
        2. Just because you say something is standard policy clearly doesn't make it standard policy.
        3. Turn on your adblocker properly or something, you clearly downloaded something wrong. (Not sure what happend there.)
        4. I'm still new here in the forum.. so could you please stop using this extremly unfriendly/annoyed language?

re "do not send the full log"
        5. There is not THE ONE correct way to submit an issue. - At best you can consider them best practices.
        (if I wanna redact something from the log due to having sufficient technological understanding before sharing it that is my right to do so)
        6. I will not post logs to a public page and won't expire since it in part contains sensitive data.
        7. Maybe most importantly, I was told otherwise by a moderator earlier in the day. (it's in German in my profile)​

Comment

I clearly stated which plugin issue I am reporting.
          You don't want MagentaTV support ...
          ... but want to download your MagentaTV recordings.

That's really too stupid for me - i'm out​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

You don't want MagentaTV support ...
            ... but want to download your MagentaTV recordings.
            Yes, I don't want to attract too much PUBLIC attention to it, I don't want official support specifically for that service.
            DRM MPD is meant to work with every (or most) sites that don't have official support;

I am asking for help with that product. I am not asking for introduction of a new product.

It's already a product that has a seperate license available.

Plus StreamFab would start listing it on the main product page. > Too much publicity

Comment

> 6. I will not post logs to a public page and won't expire since it in part contains sensitive data.

It's not public, because 99% of members and 100% of non members can't see this.
              Only a handful of "Trusted Member" users and a handful of "DVDFab Staff" users can open attached logs
              But you preferred to use "file sharing for all"

> I am asking for help with that product.

There is no [Critical] or error in the log, so no error that you or the users here could possibly fix.

> It's already a product that has a seperate license available.

Following your logic, there would never be a need to offer a new module ..
              .. since practically everything would be covered with m3u8 + MPD downloader.

FYI: MagentaTV uses at least four different license requests
              (required for getting keys to decrypt)

On the one hand, VoD and recordings are handled differently ..
              .. and on the other hand, there are two platforms:
              web.magentatv.de (old) and web2.magentatv.de (new)

I suspect that a universal downloader is overwhelmed by this ..
              .. if there are already problems handling "index.m3u8/PolicyMode_hls2dash.MPD" correct​

Comment

>Following your logic, there would never be a need to offer a new module ..
                >.. since practically everything would be covered with m3u8 + MPD downloader.​

In a perfect world maybe, yeah...but I'd always understand
                separating those services that operate in multiple regions
                around the world from the others.

> But you preferred to use "file sharing for all"

No, I would have prefered knowing better.
                I wasn't aware any access restriction was in place.
                But we all need to learn gradually.

FWIW, what I failed to mention properly...
                MagentaTV already works as part of the DRM MPD plugin for (some or all?) VOD content.
                I would be one (of possibly many) smart person who would like to keep it that way.
                Attached Files

Comment

Who said? Just you.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-23 9.14.30 AM.png
Views:	61
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	450792

re "bullshit"
                  1. You're doing something very wrong, the file is 11 KB.
                  2. Just because you say something is standard policy clearly doesn't make it standard policy.
                  3. Turn on your adblocker properly or something, you clearly downloaded something wrong. (Not sure what happend there.)
                  4. I'm still new here in the forum.. so could you please stop using this extremly unfriendly/annoyed language?

re "do not send the full log"
                  5. There is not THE ONE correct way to submit an issue. - At best you can consider them best practices.
                  (if I wanna redact something from the log due to having sufficient technological understanding before sharing it that is my right to do so)
                  6. I will not post logs to a public page and won't expire since it in part contains sensitive data.
                  7. Maybe most importantly, I was told otherwise by a moderator earlier in the day. (it's in German in my profile)​
                  1. Until you unRAR it. Give a try. There's not a StreamFab anywhere in it. Looks like you are trying to get us to run Setup so malware can be installed.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-23 9.29.12 AM.png
Views:	60
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	450793

2. I think I have a bit more experience on this forum than you, at only 4 posts and me being the most recent Moderator. Take my word for it, it is standard policy if I say so.
                  3. Not using an ad blocker. You're wrong again.
                  4. I'll use whatever language is necessary.
                  5. Yes, there is one way, and it is the way I've told you to do it. If you are not happy about that, you can leave, or it could be arranged for you to leave against your will.
                  6. Oh, another paranoid that is afraid to post his log. They always post it in the end if they want help.
                  7. I saw that, and I told him that he is absolutely wrong. Go back and look. You're not on the German forum now. You play by our rules if you want help here. He is constantly referring problems over here because he has no idea of the answers. The only thing he has going for him is that he speaks/writes German. I'd put Germania up here any day against him when it comes to knowing the subject matter and the rules. He may not be a Moderator at the moment but it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Cats4U I think you downloaded an ad. Not the log he shared. His log file is indeed 11kb.

The direct link i got was this:

Code:
                    https://dl.buzzheavier.com/1837749019661692928?v=1727102644-Fl%2BmCYpRPLBww7R4J7GjcBVrRvUD6SsKXaqgA7TPYdc%3D
                    But idk if it's session based
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

> His log file is indeed 11kb

Nope 11kb is zipped - the (1st) StreamFab.log is 325 kB

But that doesn't matter, because no user in the forum can change the behavior of the downloader.
                      As written before, there is no error (that we can fix) in the log.

In the meantime, I have downloaded the encrypted recording and also detected PSSH and KID.
                      But I don't get a token for his personal recording and with my token I don't get a key with his KID.

It is also possible that the license URL changed last year (is different from VoD),
                      I can't access it anymore because I already switched to web2.magentatv.de
                      and all old web.magentatv.de URLs log me out automatically.​
                      web2.magentatv.de has other license url than old version

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                        Cats4U I think you downloaded an ad. Not the log he shared. His log file is indeed 11kb.

The direct link i got was this:

Code:
                        https://dl.buzzheavier.com/1837749019661692928?v=1727102644-Fl%2BmCYpRPLBww7R4J7GjcBVrRvUD6SsKXaqgA7TPYdc%3D
                        But idk if it's session based
                        Yeah, he got me. The direct link was to https://mega.nz/file/9YZTDB6Q#eh19Ro...iV0TAuiVHg6Cv8
                        I had to go back to the page before the redirect and when I clicked the download a second time I finally got the StreamFab.log. One of the rare times my ad blocker was off.

And he has the balls to argue that that was a legitimate way to get a StreamFab.log to us? I avoid sites like mega.nz at all costs, and that's probably why I fell for his ruse. God only knows what that ad might give some poor unsuspecting person. This is not the way to come across as a New Member. I will remember this. I will remember.

Comment

Jack,
                          With regards to # 7, this is what the German Moderator told our new member (originally in German, translated to English) -

Private messages are a different matter. Problems with the programs should be addressed in the forum or in support. Then include not just a partial log but the entire log folder in the post, zipped. Don't forget to specify which streaming service you want to download from.
                          I wrote to him -

This is not true at all. The policy on the StreamFab for Windows forum is that a user should only attach the StreamFab.log file to a post. No zipping should be done. I guess you never had to dig through a 20MB zip file to try to find the person's problem. The procedure for sending a log is this...
                          Delete the existing StreamFab.log from your Log directory. Run the ONE download that you are having problems with. Exit StreamFab. Do not edit this new StreamFab.log in any way. Attach your StreamFab.log to a post here on the forum.​ Do not send the entire log directory. Do not send any other file but StreamFab.log. If you follow these instructions, there is no need to compress the file using ZIP, RAR, or any other compressor program.​​

Comment

Working...
                          X