Downloading from CBC Gem in Canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading from CBC Gem in Canada.

Prior to the last big DRM update's earlier this year I could download from CBC Gem using the StreamFab M3U8 Downloader.
    When I try to download now, StreamFab states that this site is not yet included???
    I am using PC version 6.2.0.0 x64. I update using a professional uninstall program before the new versions are downloaded.
    Has Gem changed something or has it been dropped by StreamFab?
    I have both StreamFab DRM Downloaders.
    Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Movies99; 10-12-2024, 05:48 PM.

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
    When I try to download now, StreamFab states that this site is not yet included???
    I can only confirm the issue - looks like SF use wrong hmac (outdated after ads?)
    Code:
    [Info]: M3u8VideoCB parse video m3u8 failed.
    [Info]: UpdateDownloadStatus : Status_request_metadata_failed --> Status_none
    [Info]: UpdateDownloadStatus : Status_none --> Status_request_metadata_failed
    [Info]: M3u8VideoCB parse video m3u8 failed, data : <h1>error 400</h1>
    HTTP 400 Bad Request = The server cannot or will not process the request due to an apparent client error

> Has Gem changed something

There must have been changes: Earlier there was always a desktop.m3u8 - now I get index-aes.m3u8

But I can dl unprotected content with yt-dlp, with m3u8 link from browser or with cbc account credentials - example:
    Code:
    yt-dlp -u username -p password https://gem.cbc.ca/vigil/s01e01

Comment

So, if I’m reading you correctly, can StreamFab update the software to allow Gem downloading, or am I missing something?

Comment

Hi there, what is the link of the video you are trying to download?

Comment

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
          So, if I’m reading you correctly, can StreamFab update the software to allow Gem downloading, or am I missing something?
          I think so

You wrote it works "Prior to the last big DRM update's earlier this year" ..
          .. if I'm not mistaken, at that time you could still dl without being logged in.
          That was certainly easier - and I can't say anything about Live TV

I tested now a movie and can say only, that all m3u8 urls in log not works.
          The Timestamp is valid for 24 hours - so i'm right the hmac is the problem.​

Comment

Working...
          X