Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to keep settings when uninstalling with Revo before installing latest version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to keep settings when uninstalling with Revo before installing latest version?

I read in this forum that it is best to completely uninstall streamfab with pro software (I use Revo), and to then install using the full streamfab download.
    I do that but I hate to re-enter all of my custom settings.

Is there a way to keep them?

Originally posted by filmgal View Post
    I read in this forum that it is best to completely uninstall streamfab with pro software (I use Revo), and to then install using the full streamfab download.

i think if you uninstall using the windows uninstaller, i think it gives you
    the option to remove or keep personal settings

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i think if you uninstall using the windows uninstaller, i think it gives you
      the option to remove or keep personal settings
      You may be right, but I'm looking for a similar thing with real uninstallers (those that leave nothing behind).
      Maybe if I knew where the settings were saved I could rename the file, uninstall, and rename it again to put it back.

Comment

You may be right, but I'm looking for a similar thing with real uninstallers (those that leave nothing behind).
        Maybe if I knew where the settings were saved I could rename the file, uninstall, and rename it again to put it back.
        You want to keep the %appdata%\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab folder.

Or just don't use your "real uninstaller"

Comment

What good is a proper clean installation if you just put old files back in?

Comment

Working...
          X