Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6.2.0.1 - I can't download *anything* from YouTube... no analyzing window appears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube Movies 6.2.0.1 - I can't download *anything* from YouTube... no analyzing window appears

I *completely* uninstalled my old version of StreamFab... including ALL folders, registry keys, and C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\CEF. I then downloaded the full offline installer streamfab_x64_6201.exe and installed it with default settings.

After some fuss, I was able to log in to YouTube in StreamFab, but the expected result should be that if I go to a video, the "analyzing" box should come up and give me the option to download.

It doesn't.

Unless I'm missing something?

So, I cannot download *anything* on YouTube. I mainly wanted to download a movie I purchased, so that's what I initially tried to do, and I didn't get the analyzing window. I then checked and found that this is the case for me on *all* YouTube videos (not just YouTube Movies).

I checked and made sure that the checkbox for "Automatically start analyzing when content is available" is checked under Settings -> General -> Auto Analysis. It is.

Is this message in qef.log relevant? -

Code:
    [1019/230549.086:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "The resource https://i.ytimg.com/generate_204 was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.", source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2j9kaiOfJA (0)
    [1019/230555.748:INFO:CONSOLE(0)] "The resource https://i.ytimg.com/generate_204 was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.", source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2j9kaiOfJA (0)
    Logs attached.

Logs.zip
    Attached Files

I can't see any error in StreamFab.log

Without Login i get "Sign in to confirm you’re not a bot"
    after Login Analyzing is okay (no av1 available):

Click image for larger version  Name:	yt_HALLOWEEN - Smith's Grove Sanitarium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.8 KB ID:	451749

-= click pic to enlarge =-

but 2nd Analyzing (before Downloading) never finished.

I think it's the delay problem (7 hours ago) - see here
    because 8 days old title "Mothership" from same channel works.

Click image for larger version  Name:	yt_Mothership.jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.0 KB ID:	451750

btw: I can dl your "Halloween" link in FHD with yt-dlp

Click image for larger version  Name:	yt_HALLOWEEN - Smith's Grove Sanitarium_yt-dlp.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.4 KB ID:	451751

Comment

Yes, yt-dlp (freeware) works on regular youtube, but not in StremFab. Note sure why it works for you, I tried again and saw JUST a BRIEF flash of the analyzing window, then it disappeared.

I'm trying to download a YouTube Movies title that I purchased that is encrypted so yt-dlp will not work for that. The video(s) from my logs are just random titles that I clicked. Nothing works for me.

Comment

I tried DailyMotion and I got the same result... no analyzing window on any video. WTH?

I logged in to the Amazon downloader and that works... I get an analyzing window and it prompts for what to download.

What could stop me from getting the analyzing window on YouTube and DailyMotion?

Comment

> saw JUST a BRIEF flash of the analyzing window, then it disappeared.

I already know this from other providers (from users seeking help),
          that there is never an error in the log, so i can only test myself.

But you have found the button at the bottom right ?
          Because you wrote from "Auto Analysis" in your 1st post ..
          .. that setting is useless for YT - see also here
          Try to disable "Auto Analysis" and retry..

Dailymotion:​​
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Dailymotion.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.5 KB ID:	451758

Comment

Well... this is embarrassing... I had no idea what you were talking about with regard to the button on the bottom right... then I saw it, the orange circular button with an arrow pointing downwards. I use a network activity monitoring application called DU Meter and I have it configured as a small rectangular semi-transparent window on the bottom right, so it covered this button. But even when moving that, I thought that orange circular button was part of YouTube and was a scrolling icon!

Anyways, in the past, on YouTube in StreamFab, I always just went to any video (regular or DRM) and the analysis would happen automatically. So I interpreted this as a bug.

Anyways, thanks to you I learned something, and you solved my problem, as I was able to do the DRM download! So thanks!!!

Comment

only a small update:
              Originally posted by Germania View Post
              Without Login i get "Sign in to confirm you’re not a bot"
              after Login Analyzing is okay (no av1 available):

but 2nd Analyzing (before Downloading) never finished.

I think it's the delay problem (7 hours ago) - see here
              I retried the Halloween video - and now I need no login:

Click image for larger version

Name:	yt_Halloween_select.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	451920

-= click pic to enlarge =-

and DL works - so the delay problem is confirmed

Click image for larger version

Name:	yt_Halloween_dl.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	451921

Comment

I am also having YT issues, it has logged me out and the login screen appears for a couple of seconds then refreshes to the main YT screen showing videos.

Comment

Originally posted by PBM72 View Post
                  I am also having YT issues, it has logged me out and the login screen appears for a couple of seconds then refreshes to the main YT screen showing videos.
                  For the YT Login issue there are multiple topics in forum - the last from today: here
                  You have caught one of the few who has nothing to do with YT login problems.

I tried it once and it worked straight away - from the previous topic:
                  Originally posted by Germania View Post
                  Looks like there is no general solution known

Comment

Working...
                  X