Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some clarification about what is getting downloaded (Apple Music)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some clarification about what is getting downloaded (Apple Music)

So I was downloading FLAC from Apple Music. Noticed that during download it downloads AAC (lossy) file and then coverts to FLAC. I test the FLAC so see if it is original or fake and it comes out as fake. Is there a way to download FLAC/ALAC from Apple Music without transcoding AAC file?

Originally posted by Dreamz07 View Post
    So I was downloading FLAC from Apple Music. Noticed that during download it downloads AAC (lossy) file and then coverts to FLAC. I test the FLAC so see if it is original or fake and it comes out as fake. Is there a way to download FLAC/ALAC from Apple Music without transcoding AAC file?
    Apple music currently supports M4A (original), other formats are converted.
    We will try to support FLAC and ALAC in the future.​

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia View Post

Apple music currently supports M4A (original), other formats are converted.
      We will try to support FLAC and ALAC in the future.​
      Thanks. one more thing is that what the Remux process at the end when songs is downloaded? Since it is just audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamz07 View Post

Thanks. one more thing is that what the Remux process at the end when songs is downloaded? Since it is just audio.
        Work on the remux process
        1. Write metadata;
        2. when the output format is in a non-original format, it is also re-encoded in the process​

Comment

one question, when i checked download log, i can see orginally the file format is mp4 not m4a. Any reason?

Comment

thanks for explaining. Please support native ALAC as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by glenguosg View Post
              one question, when i checked download log, i can see orginally the file format is mp4 not m4a. Any reason?
              I am guessing since they both are container for AAC stream.

Comment

Working...
              X