BD100 to BD100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy BD100 to BD100

There is no 1:1 copy option for three-layer UHD BD.
    I only have compressed (BD50/BD25) 2160p option.

Originally posted by BDx265 View Post
    There is no 1:1 copy option for three-layer UHD BD.
    I only have compressed (BD50/BD25) 2160p option.
    Output to BD100 feature will be added to new versions of DVDFab soon, please kindly wait for updates.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

vote for this

Comment

So burned BD100s even play in UHD players? I copied a BD100 UHD disc over to a BD-RE XL (a Sony disc), and it refused to be read by both a Xbox One S and a standalone player (both giving disc cannot be read error). This may just be because it's a BD-RE; anyone have any luck with a BD-R XL?

Comment

Originally posted by jessica.olson View Post
          So burned BD100s even play in UHD players? I copied a BD100 UHD disc over to a BD-RE XL (a Sony disc), and it refused to be read by both a Xbox One S and a standalone player (both giving disc cannot be read error). This may just be because it's a BD-RE; anyone have any luck with a BD-R XL?
          xbox one s doesn't play burned bluerays only original mastered discs. and the current standalone blueray players are not compatible with the new BD-RE XL discs.
          you will need to wait for the newer stanalone players that can read the BD-XL discs.

try copying the movie to a flash drive and play it that way.
          Last edited by october262; 01-19-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Xbox One S gained burned disc support in November of 2016. Also, the standalone player was a UHD player, hence it should have had TL support unless there was a limit in the firmware disabling BD-RE XL discs.

Comment

Xbox One S gained burned disc support in November of 2016. Also, the standalone player was a UHD player, hence it should have had TL support unless there was a limit in the firmware disabling BD-RE XL discs.
              Only for burned dvds, burned bluray disc's are not yet supported - https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/thread...6-5D1986E53FA0
              Last edited by october262; 01-20-2018, 10:21 PM.

Comment

The post you are linking to was last replied to over three years ago. Support was added in November 2016. Either the Xbox One S drive hardware does not support BD-RE XL discs, the BDXL discs are too far out-of-spec in comparison to UHD spec, or the industry has just flat-out disallowed UHD players from playing UHD-structured content on BDXL discs.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had more luck with a BD-R XL. Although I'm sure my burn was good (verified the disc in three different BDXL drives), two UHD players balked at it.

Microsoft today announced that they are adding support for BD-R and BD-RE Blu-ray formats on Xbox One S. BD-R discs are write-only and BD-RE discs are rewriteable. The app update which brings this support is now rolling out to Xbox One S users. For those asking… yes, Xbox One S will support BD-R and BD-RE. […]

Microsoft’s Mike Ybarra confirmed earlier today that today’s update to the Blu-ray Player app on Xbox One will bring added functionality for BD-R and BD-RE

Comment

The post you are linking to was last replied to over three years ago. Support was added in November 2016. Either the Xbox One S drive hardware does not support BD-RE XL discs, the BDXL discs are too far out-of-spec in comparison to UHD spec, or the industry has just flat-out disallowed UHD players from playing UHD-structured content on BDXL discs.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has had more luck with a BD-R XL. Although I'm sure my burn was good (verified the disc in three different BDXL drives), two UHD players balked at it.

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-one-s-a...blu-ray-discs/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xb.../1100-6445048/

https://www.onmsft.com/news/xbox-one...-support-today
                  Xbox One doesn't support BD RE XL yet - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red..._bdxl_support/

Comment

I have burnt several UHD movies on BD-XL discs and played them on my Sony UBP-X800, but the only flaw is that it will only read the first two layers (66GB) worth, so I burn only up tp 66GB. I have seen other people burn up to 66GB which are playable on several external players. So it would be nice to be able to compress a UHD 100GB to 66GB.

Comment

Originally posted by servie_b View Post
                      I have burnt several UHD movies on BD-XL discs and played them on my Sony UBP-X800, but the only flaw is that it will only read the first two layers (66GB) worth, so I burn only up tp 66GB. I have seen other people burn up to 66GB which are playable on several external players. So it would be nice to be able to compress a UHD 100GB to 66GB.
                      What is the hardware version of your Sony UBP-X800?
                      What is the brand of the media you used?

Regards,
                      mona

Comment

Hi Mona, the firmware version of my UBP-X800 is M36.R.0178 and I used Verbatim BD-XL discs. Any idea if UHD copy will be able to have an option to shrink to 66GB?

Comment

Originally posted by servie_b View Post
                          Hi Mona, the firmware version of my UBP-X800 is M36.R.0178 and I used Verbatim BD-XL discs. Any idea if UHD copy will be able to have an option to shrink to 66GB?
                          I like that option also.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for your feedback. About the suggestion of adding 66GB for output, it is on our to-do list.

Any other suggestions to DVDFab, please let us know, we would appreciate it very much.

Regards,
                            Mona

Comment

Yes this happened to me last night with LG WH16NS60 and ImgBurn after about 2 hours of Zeroing Sectors on Sony BD-RE XL 100gb disc it started burning the 53gb main movie in about 1 hour 15 minutes. It would Not play in my Samsung USB-K8500 4k connected to my LG OLED 55C6P 4K 3D. I don't have my computer setup for 4K playback but all folders are Blu-ray structure and when I ran DVDFab Media Player 5 the Movie Photo and Title was displayed and played of Very Slowly. I burned a 50gb disc with a 35gb main movie and played with No Problem. I just thought does it matter whither it's a ISO or Folder File? I used File Folder.
                              Last edited by JohnnyJT; 07-07-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X