Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone with a 1060 tell me how fast it can compress to BD50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Can someone with a 1060 tell me how fast it can compress to BD50?

I'm needing a new video card. Bad. I'm still using an old 560 SC that for some reason refuses to die. But now I'm needing something to compress BD100 to BD50 and my card just isn't up to it. Just to compress a mere 4% estimates over 30 hours to complete.

Can someone using any version of the 1060 tell me approximately how fast it compresses a BD100 to a BD50? I realize the size of the original drastically changes how long it will take I'm just needing a rough estimate. A day? A few hours?

I'm wanting the 1060 6GB SSC but they seem to be sold out everywhere or way to pricey for a 1060. I'd love to get a 1070 but at close to $1000 that's out of my price range so I'm really needing to know if a 1060 is sufficient for compressing to BD50 which is all I'd be using it for really since I don't game any more.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

30 - 45 min with my Gainward 1060 GTX

Comment

Hey thx a ton. That's a big difference from 30+ hours! May I ask what processor you're using? I'm curious if it's a Kaby Lake or higher and that helped with the speed because mine isn't Kaby Lake or higher so I guess that means I'll be relying pretty much solely on the video card.

Comment

Until a few days ago my setup was an Intel i5 4590 processor and a gtx 760 graphics card. To recode a blu-ray UHD, to UHD with the main movie, the duration was over 48 hours and the processor was always at 100%.
        Now I bought an MSI gtx 1060 gaming x 6 gb. The recoding time is 30 to 45 minutes and the processor is always less than 10% of its capacity.
        It was a good buy.
        I can also see the UHD blu-rays with the dvdfab media player.

Comment

Working...
        X