This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Every UHD movie I try to compress to BD50 is pixelated

I just got a new GTX 1060 6GB SSC and so far I've compressed about 10 UHD movies for backup to BD50. The problem is that every compressed file has pixelation in it. Not the usual pixelation that you think of but large squares. Like pixelation zoomed in 200x. It's not constant but often enough to make the file unusable.

I've run multiple different types of benchmarks that came with the card to test the card and it passed them all easily. Additionally, I ran Heaven Benchmark for 4 hours on Ultra and it didn't produce any errors. I can still compress BD50 to BD25 with no pixelation. This is only happening when I compress BD100 to BD50.

What doesn't work when compressing to BD50:
    - Full Copy
    - Main Movie
    - Rip to MKV

What does work:
    - Rip to MKV Passthrough (because there's no compression)

I've included some screens that show the original vs after compression to BD50 (https://imgur.com/a/sDmYE). I've also included the log to the title used in the screens if anyone notices anything that may indicate what the problem is. Logan.txt

Does anyone have any idea what's causing this? Could it be a problem with the card even though it does everything else with no issues? Or is compression from BD100 to BD50 still not perfected? I need to know if it may be the card while I can still return it.

Using Fab 10.0.77 x64
    Windows 7 Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.1 KB ID:	348318

https://i.imgur.com/L3jh5Kr.jpg Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	3 Size:	1.9 KB ID:	348319

https://i.imgur.com/1g93LaS.jpg Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	4 Size:	1.5 KB ID:	348320

Last edited by Diaboyos; 01-25-2018, 09:14 AM.

Anyone have any ideas on this? It's not the card. The only reason I thought it might be was because the fans on it didn't spin up when I first installed it. But I later learned that's how it's supposed to work unless you have Precision or Afterburner or some other program running to control the fans that they won't kick in until around 60 degrees or so. I have Precision installed now. I've run several more benchmarks. The card comes back good every time. But everything I compress to BD50 is pixelated. BD50 to BD25 still works with no problems.
    Last edited by Diaboyos; 01-27-2018, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Tried compressing to BD50 with the new 10.0.79 last night with a few movies. Tried Full Disc and Main Movie and every one still has pixelation.

Comment

Please post the fabcheck_internal.log file as well.

Regards,
        mona

Comment

I'll have to clear the log and compress the movie again tonight and then post it. That log is all jumbled together going back forever and I can't find this particular movie.

Comment

Diaboyos... I am experiencing the exact same thing. I have tried several profiles but I always get large block pixelation. I am using a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.

Comment

OK I tried to compress the movie again last night, Full Disc to BD50. It's still pixelated as before. Here are the two logs. fabcheck_internal.log dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

I am experiencing the exact same thing. I have tried several profiles but I always get large block pixelation. I am using a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB.
                @muskie63,
                please specify the movie you have problem with, post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                OK I tried to compress the movie again last night, Full Disc to BD50. It's still pixelated as before. Here are the two logs. [ATTACH]n348703[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]n348704[/ATTACH]
                @Diaboyos
                File received, I have sent them to the developers.

Regards,
                mona

Comment

Hi Diaboyos,
                  From our dev.
                  This is nvidia bug in decoding hevc 10bit video, they fix this until driver 387.
                  Please update latest nvidia dirver from offical site.
                  Then give a try.

Thanks.
                  Wilson
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 01-31-2018, 09:26 AM.
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Many thanks - that fixed my issue.

Comment

Thx I see they released a new driver just two days ago. I'll install it and try again tonight.

Comment

Thx the driver released on 1-29-18 fixed the pixelation problem for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X