Very strange BLACK SCREEN problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very strange BLACK SCREEN problem

I am testing for weeks now and tried all different settings on all different media and hardware. I hope someone is here to give a little direction. The goal is UHD BLU-RAY TO BD-50 FULL MENU
    Dvdfab 64 is doing the conversion with CUDA without any problems. The problem start when you give the copy to a hardware player by example Sony UBP-X800 or XBOX ONE X, and try to get to the main film. A conversion with movie only is always fine and without any problems.

80% of my backups get stuck into a black screen just before the menu comes. On software players the BD-50 is perfect with menu and no black screens. 20% of the backups is working correctly, also on the harware players. I tried all kind of configuration, but the black screen stays.

Has anyone tried this also? Or do most of you make the backup without menu? I think there is almost nothing more to try for me, but that will mean that the feature to backup a UHD to BF-50 with FULL menu is not realistic?

Hello,

Please try to use Software encoding rather than CUDA for the conversion to BD50 Full Disc and then playback the result again and see if it will make a difference.

Meanwhile, please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file here to help check the problem.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

I will do that. But are you sure that the coding technique has any influance on the structure? The software decoding takes much longer, but I will start an example and in the meanwhile I will get the log files.

Comment

These are the files.
        Attached Files

Comment

Example started. I cant imagine that cuda will break the structure on the disc. Maybe you see something in the files. The software encoding has started.

Comment

In the mean time, are there people that have succes stories with this? Compress a full UHD to BD-50 with full menu. Or is it correct that hardly anyone does this.

Comment

Software encoding finished after 48 hour. Like I predicted with no succes. Same black screen on the same spot. What's next to do? I refuse to believe this isn't possible, because it's a standard feature from dvdfab64. On the other hand, we still have zero succes stories here.

Comment

So resume.

procedure:

- Dvdfab FULL UHD to FULL BD-50 with full menu. CUDA or SOFTWARE no difference.
                - Burn with Dvdfab engine or IMGBURN
                - Play the outcome on hardware bluray UHD players

results:

about 80% is not working, the others are fine with menu and all.

Problem:

Disc is loading and after the logo from the disc (a bar or some other logo) just before the menu must appeare, the screen goes in black.
                When you then try a remote commando like forward or menu button the player says
                this operation is currently prohibited for this disc Can someone try this procedure?

Last edited by mrnqrv; 03-12-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your update.

Please list some of the movies that have this problem, we will try to get the same movie to reproduce the problem, thank you again.

Regards,
                  Mona

Comment

Ok, here are a few that DO NOT work:

man of steel
                    spiderman 3
                    atomic blond
                    the shallows
                    unforgiven

And here a few that DO WORK

mazerunner 1
                    ice age 5
                    furious seven

Comment

Thank you for the info. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

I can imagine that this is not solved in a few days. But maybe you tell me when you reproduced the fault? Then I know I can stop trying until the issue is solved.

Comment

I've re-encoded a lot of UHD and I can confirm this problem definetly. I tried to look for a pattern for those discs that get stuck in a boot screen....but no luck so far.
                          It seems right now the only solution is to get rid of the menus.

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by RiotRay View Post
                            I've re-encoded a lot of UHD and I can confirm this problem definetly. I tried to look for a pattern for those discs that get stuck in a boot screen....but no luck so far.
                            It seems right now the only solution is to get rid of the menus.

Kind regards
                            Can you tell me on what player you test the discs? Because it is very possible, but not on all standalone players like it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              Thank you for the info. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
                              Mona
                              Maybe you can tell us here when the fault is reproduced, so we know its not a fault on our side.

I can add a few movies to the list that work/dont work on the Sony UPB-X800

Ok, here are a few that DO NOT work:

man of steel
                              spiderman 3
                              atomic blond
                              the shallows
                              unforgiven
                              Salt
                              furious seven
                              The bourne supremecy

And here a few that DO WORK

mazerunner 1
                              ice age 5
                              furious seven
                              Tombraider 1

Maybe an important note. With a few versions older DVDFAB the disc would stuck in the boot (Like after a loading logo) and then black screen.
                              With the newest version of DVDFAB I dont even see that anymore, just black screen from the start of the disc.
                              Last edited by mrnqrv; 03-31-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X