Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy BD25 Max bitrate

Hi!

When Copying Full Disc mode to BD25, with a source that almost fit(try a short docu), I believe the Max bitrate is set a bit too high. I get stutters. Tried to lower the output target size for BD25 to 21500 and it then worked with no stutters at all. Max bitrate ~48mbit. Anyone else can confirm?

//LD

Originally posted by LowDead View Post
    Hi!

When Copying Full Disc mode to BD25, with a source that almost fit(try a short docu), I believe the Max bitrate is set a bit too high. I get stutters. Tried to lower the output target size for BD25 to 21500 and it then worked with no stutters at all. Max bitrate ~48mbit. Anyone else can confirm?

//LD
    Hello LD,

What player for playback in this case?
    Meanwhile, please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thank you.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Samsung UBD-K8500 standalone player.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi LD,

Do you have this problem with other movie source? From the log file you tried INDIA_4K.

The QA team will try to reproduce the problem as well.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

I haven't tried many yet, but one that has the stuttering problem on BD25 is "Mysteries of Ancient China". I would say that the problem occurs on sources that have a short playtime or the size of the disc is only a little bigger than the wanted target size.

//LD

Comment

I can confirm. I also saw that DVDFAB sets the maximum datarate too high for a BD spec.
            I suppose DVDFAB knows that BD is limited to 48 Mbits? why the software is ignoring that is the question. Smaller sources with a high bitrate are in risk here.

Comment

Originally posted by LowDead View Post
              Hi!

//LD
              Hello,

We have done some improvement in DVDFab 10.0.8.9, please update to try again. Thank you.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hi,

I noticed the same problem today with Version 10.0.8.9.
                Bitrate seems to be still around 48 Mbps - Disc is UHD BD.
                Playback with standalone UHD BD Player Panasonic DMP UB 900 EBK.

Comment

I did an encode from another MKV using lastest 10.0.8.9.

The bitrate is too low. The UHD ouput size is only 17.7 Gb...

Comment

Hi! Sorry for late reply. Have been away at vacation. The few I have tested with latest version actually seems to work for me, but will do more testing.

@ministry49 We're talking about full copies here 1:1.. not rips. But I think the encoder saturates your mkv.

//LD

Comment

Working...
                    X