X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4k UHD Crop?

Hello,

So I've been ripping a few UHD movies I've purchased. One thing that seems to be consistent across everything is you cannot crop 4k UHD movies..

Attached is the image I see above, you can see the black bars in the movie, but everything is greyed out.

Am I missing something? a check box or something?

Thoughts?

Michael

Hello Michael,

Once crop, the HDR feature will be gone, so crop is not supported when using UHD source.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Oh. Thank you Mona. That may make some sense if they use the black bars as a "true black", or something.

Comment

Just converted a 4K HDR source with Handbrake and it retained the HDR and it autocropped the black bars out. Using MediaInfo it did not specify the Handbrake converted file was HDR but my OLED TV picked it up as HDR when it played. Are you sure cropping removes HDR or it just removes the HDR label?

Comment

Originally posted by muskie63 View Post
          Just converted a 4K HDR source with Handbrake and it retained the HDR and it autocropped the black bars out. Using MediaInfo it did not specify the Handbrake converted file was HDR but my OLED TV picked it up as HDR when it played. Are you sure cropping removes HDR or it just removes the HDR label?
          Hello muskie63,

Thank you for the input. I will forward your message to our developers.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Working...
          X