This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD full disk to BD25 no cuda

I have made a back up of my movie and im trying to test the speeds to see how long it will take to fit a BD25. But CUDA acceleration does not seem to kick in so it says it will take 43 hours. My card is a GTX 1050ti 4GB. Latest driver installed last night.

UPDATE: I tried a different movie but this time saved as a ISO not folder. Loaded up the ISO and CUDA shrink worked. Ill try a different film and save as a folder again and see if it works or not.

Comment

UPDATE 2: Tried my working backup in my xbox one x and it plays fine except there is a green line at the top of the screen.

Comment

UPDATE 3: Tried a different movie and no CUDA acceleration again. In the morning im going to roll back the card driver and see if the previous version make a difference.

Comment

It seems strange that your ability to use CUDA hardware acceleration varies from movie to movie. Which encoding profile are you using? I typically use MKV.4K.H265.10bit, but other H265 rips have taken advantage of my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 without a problem.

Here are my current A/V Codec settings:

Have you tried resetting to defaults in DVDFab and trying again?

Good luck!

- Dave
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ViperGeek.net; 04-22-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Hi Dave thanks for the reply. My settings match yours. MkV 4K rips are fine in UHD creator. Im trying to keep menus are features if possible. So far out of 3 full rip films 1 has CUDA acceleration. BUT of i choose just main movie instead of full disk CUDA works. So not sure if its a full disk bug.

Comment

Hi TH3 0V3RLORD,

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Hi Mona. Here are the logs as requested.
                Attached Files

Comment

Seems i have found the problem. If i make a full UHD disk and choose to save the output as a folder then CUDA does not work, if i choose to save as a ISO then CUDA works 100% now with my backups. Is this normal or a bug?

Comment

Thank you for the update, the developers are checking this problem.

Mona

Comment

UPDATE:

Received a PM from TH3 0V3RLORD that:

My problem is sorted now thank you. a GPU driver update seemed to of sorted my problem. All Working fine since then.
                      Resolved and thread closed.

Mona

Comment

Working...
                      X