No announcement yet.

white dots and artifacts in the picture when when ripping uhd with cuda enabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper white dots and artifacts in the picture when when ripping uhd with cuda enabled

i have an problem with white dots every few seconds in the picture, when ripping uhd with cuda enabled. with cuda disabled everything is ok. this problem i have since i purchased uhd ripping support months ago. but i do not rip very often uhd so i thought it is a bug that time. few days ago when i was ripping an uhd movie again after months i still had the problems with the white dots. then i investigated it a little bit.
    i have a zotac 1080ti gtx amp extreme with a high factory overclock. when i rip an uhd movie without over or underclocking the card, i have the white dots in the picture. but when i downclock the 1080ti gtx with -100 (seems -50 is enough but i didnt test it that much) on the core and memory and then i have no dots in the picture. the card is 100% ok, because i can gaming it and use cuda ripping on normal blu-rays whith stock and overclocked my 1080ti without the white dots. the problem exists only when i rip uhds.
    the only problem i have when i rip normal blurays (with uhd ripps i also have those problems) also with cuda (with stock factory clock) is when i skip seconds or minutes with the slider in vlc for less then one scond when the movie plays again i have artifacts in the picture. without cuda and also with cuda enabled with downlocked 1080ti gtx i also not having any artifacts in the picture!

so i think there is a bug in dvdfab. does somone also have those problems? it would be good if i can rip uhds without downclock my card everytime. like i said. normal bluray ripping i do not have any white dots only artifacts when i skip seconds or minutes with the slider in vlc for less then one scond when the movie plays again.

these logs are from my german uhd and normal blu-rays. i have tested those ripping it, with stock factory clocks on my gtx 1080ti, the uhd to h.265 mkv and normal blu-ray to h.265 and h.264 mkv. the results re as followed:

when i rip the uhd to a h.265 mkv i have those white dots in the pictures the whole movie.

when i rip the normal blu-ray also to a h.265 mkv i also have those white dots in the picture the whole movie. this i didn't test before to rip a normal bd to h.265 mkv!

when i rip the normal blu-ray to a h.264 mkv i do NOT have those white dots in the picture! even if i overclock my gtx!

i think there must be an issue with cuda in connection with the h.265 in dvdfab. perhaps the factory overclocked gtx is also a factor in the issue.

i also tested this movie and 2 others few days ago with downclocking my gtx like i wrote in my first post and i DO NOT have thos white dots in the picture with the downclocked gtx.

this is what i mean:

Attached Files
    Last edited by gabberhead; 06-08-2018, 06:44 AM.

here is a short clip which i uploaded:

Comment

10.0.9.7 problem still persist

Comment

We are trying to reproduce the problem now. Please kindly wait. Thanks.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

UPDATE:

We could not reproduce the problem with other movie source, please confirm whether this problem is only with THE_LAST_JEDI.
          If it is only with this source, please use Copy Main Movie mode to rip several chapters of the main movie title, try again with UHD Ripper on your end and see if the problem can be reproduced, if yes, upload this chapter copy and send it to us, so that we can check it out on our side, thank you in advance.
          PS, I've PMed you the FTP info for uploading the chapter copy.

》》》》EDIT
          Here is the reply from our developers:
          1. It is this card, https://www.zotac.com/us/product/gra...p-extreme#spec
          Engine Clock Base: 1645 MHz , Boost: 1759 MHz ,
          what is your usual clock for gaming?
          what is the parameter or value you set when the output file of UHD Ripper is good without the white spot?

2. We recommend to use new driver, and new overclock software
          https://www.zotac.com/us/files/downl...ype=235&os=981

3. It seems to me that the NVENC core cannot work on boost clock.

4. Basically this overclock problem does not have much to do with DVDFab software.
          Maybe you can try a different graphics card.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

it doesnt matter which uhds. i have problems with all uhds ripped to h265 and also normal blurays to h265 with stock clocks on the gpu. downclocked gpu i have no white spots. normals blurays to h264 are fine.

1. yes it is this card. but the boost clock (1759) is not correct. if i am gaming or rip with dvdfab the boostclock gets up to 2025 with no overclock. all settings are stock.
            usual gaming speeds are 2025 boost clock 11.2 ghz memory clock
            the parameter are irrelevant. i can change what i want the only help is to downclock the gpu. only with the downclock i get not those white spots
            2. i have the newest driver and overclock software and also i have reinstalled windows 10

Comment

Hi, gabberhead, the developer is trying very hard to reproduce the issue. but probably no result in a very short time. We will keep you updated for any latest news, thanks for the patience in advance!

Comment

no problem. if i rip uhds to h265 i can temporaly downclock my gpu. so there is no problem if it needs some time.

Comment

I found a fix for this issue while looking elsewhere on the Nvidia forums, its a known issue caused by the driver, they say they will have it fixed in the next release but I also found rolling back to Driver v391 fixed the issue as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jrod696 View Post
                    I found a fix for this issue while looking elsewhere on the Nvidia forums, its a known issue caused by the driver, they say they will have it fixed in the next release but I also found rolling back to Driver v391 fixed the issue as well.
                    Could you please post the specific url of the Nvidia forum where you found the info? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Could you please post the specific url of the Nvidia forum where you found the info? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X