Rip fails if 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track selected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Rip fails if 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track selected

I'm trying to rip a UHD with a 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track. If I select a track that is 'English DTS-HD Master/2', the rip fails. Well, the UI shows 0% for 30-40 minutes or so, and then says that the rip is successful, but no file exists for the rip - I can't find it anywhere on the hard drive.

However, if I go back and deselect the 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track, the rip works as expected.

Any thoughts on what's going on? I've attached the logs.
    Attached Files

We will run some tests and get back to you ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by tvid88 View Post
      I'm trying to rip a UHD with a 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track. If I select a track that is 'English DTS-HD Master/2', the rip fails. Well, the UI shows 0% for 30-40 minutes or so, and then says that the rip is successful, but no file exists for the rip - I can't find it anywhere on the hard drive.

However, if I go back and deselect the 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track, the rip works as expected.

Any thoughts on what's going on? I've attached the logs.
      Could you please use Copy-Main Movie mode, select 1 or 2 chapters, tick the 'English DTS-HD Master/2' audio track and create a copy to your hard drive.
      After that, load the chapter copy to UHD Ripper to convert again and see if it will make a difference.
      If still have problem, please upload this chapter copy to our FTP site, we will download and test it, thank you in advance.

Please check PM for FTP site info.

Comment

I ran that test - doing a copy main movie for 2 chapters,, then ripping that copy, and it worked fine. I've attached the log for that.

Do you want me to upload the chapter copy?
        Attached Files

Comment

I did some more testing and have some more details to give you. When ripping, I notice that the top 4 lines of the audio track options are (with indentations in the UI for the 2nd and 4th lines):

1st English AC-3 TrueHD/7.1 Atmos
          2nd AC-3 5.1 (Remove HD)
          3rd English DTS-HD Master/2
          4th DTS/5.1 (Remove HD)

There is a checkbox next to each of these lines. I tested ripping with all 16 combinations of these 4 checkboxes, and I found that the problem exists when the 2nd line (AC-3 5.1 (Remove HD)) and the 3rd line (English DTS-HD Master/2) are both checked. It doesn't matter whether the first and fourth lines are checked or not. And if the 2nd line is checked and the third line is unchecked - everything works fine. And if the 3rd line is checked and the 2nd line is unchecked, everything works fine. It only fails when both the 2nd and the 3rd lines are checked.

Armed with this new knowledge, I tried to again do the test you suggested - do a Main Movie copy of the first chapter, then rip it. However, when it came time to rip from the folder (that had been copied from the disc), the second and fourth lines (from the list of audio track options seen above in this message) were not there. Because of this, I was unable to reproduce the problem doing the Copy-then-Rip strategy.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by tvid88 View Post
            I did some more testing and have some more details to give you. When ripping, I notice that the top 4 lines of the audio track options are (with indentations in the UI for the 2nd and 4th lines):

1st English AC-3 TrueHD/7.1 Atmos
            2nd AC-3 5.1 (Remove HD)
            3rd English DTS-HD Master/2
            4th DTS/5.1 (Remove HD)

There is a checkbox next to each of these lines. I tested ripping with all 16 combinations of these 4 checkboxes, and I found that the problem exists when the 2nd line (AC-3 5.1 (Remove HD)) and the 3rd line (English DTS-HD Master/2) are both checked. It doesn't matter whether the first and fourth lines are checked or not. And if the 2nd line is checked and the third line is unchecked - everything works fine. And if the 3rd line is checked and the 2nd line is unchecked, everything works fine. It only fails when both the 2nd and the 3rd lines are checked.

Armed with this new knowledge, I tried to again do the test you suggested - do a Main Movie copy of the first chapter, then rip it. However, when it came time to rip from the folder (that had been copied from the disc), the second and fourth lines (from the list of audio track options seen above in this message) were not there. Because of this, I was unable to reproduce the problem doing the Copy-then-Rip strategy.

Any thoughts?
            the second and fourth lines are specific for Ripper mode only.
            When you do the Main Movie copy, did you select both the first and the third one? If you did, the two audio tracks should be included in the Main Movie copy. Please double check. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X