Video freeze and audio continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Converter Video freeze and audio continues

I’ve had issues with a few UHD rips. I’ve ripped them to mkv files with makemkv, and they play back fine. However, when I use lightning shrink with a nvidia gpu, I get segments where the video will freeze, and the audio will keep playing. This goes on for a few minutes until it goes back to normal.

Ive re-ripped, tried two different PCs, one with gtx 1080ti, one with 1060. I wouldn’t mind Converting to an h264 file, but it washes the colors out using this method. HDR isn’t being retained and it’s not tone mapping to SDR. However, it plays fine with no video freezes.

I can’t help think it’s an HDR issue causing the freeze, or maybe it’s an NVENC thing? Do I need a specific version of CUDA? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1st - check for a driver updates for your graphics card(s) and retry converting your videos again
    2nd - please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

Here is the log. Its pretty long, but the last movie that failed is right at the end. I am downloading the latest drivers and will install them and retry a movie, but I'm doubtful; the drivers I'm running are only a couple of weeks old. Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

I installed the latest nvidia drivers and tried again- same thing. For sure, this has happened on Deadpool 2, Incredibles 2, The Death of Superman and Solo a Star Wars Story.

Comment

Hi ruggercb,

From the log file, you were using DVDFab 10. Please download the latest DVDFab 11 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to have a try.
          Please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Also, the sources are created mkv files, did you edit anything during the creating process with makemkv?
          If you have the original movie disc, please use UHD Ripper to convert the movie disc directly to MKV.4K.H265.10bit to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi ruggercb,

From the log file, you were using DVDFab 10. Please download the latest DVDFab 11 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm to have a try.
            Please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Also, the sources are created mkv files, did you edit anything during the creating process with makemkv?
            If you have the original movie disc, please use UHD Ripper to convert the movie disc directly to MKV.4K.H265.10bit to see the result.
            Ok I will do as you suggest. However, the reason I’m not using dvdfab 11 is it crashed frequently, and it does the same thing with freezing video as dvdfab 10.

The prime reason I need the converter is to crop the black bars. Other than that I’d be completely happy with a straight rip.

The mkv files are unedited from makemkv. They are just in an mkv container. However, I will rip with dvdfab and see how that goes, as well as provide dvdfab 11 logs.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X