Unable to get ripped Dolby Vision titles to play in Dolby Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Unable to get ripped Dolby Vision titles to play in Dolby Vision

So I'm not sure where to start with this, but for whatever reason, I can not get any Dolby Vision UHD titles ripped to MKV.H265.4K.10bit to play back in Dolby Vision. They only play in HDR10.
    I've tried playing the titles through Plex on my LG C7 OLED and through my Oppo 203 via its built in network file viewer.

I've never noticed this before because I usually use my Nvidia Shield TV to stream my media and that isn't Dolby Vision compatible.
    So today I wanted to verify that Dolby Vision was being ripped by DVDFab correctly after seeing several posts that stated Dolby Vision is kept by DVDFab when ripping.

Here is a screenshot of what DVDFab ripped from the Mission Impossible UHD disc:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	364153

This is the profile I use when ripping:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	364154

Am I doing something wrong when ripping or does the Oppo 203 and Plex via my LG C7 only display HDR10??

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to rip Mission Impossible (1996) UHD disc again and post the logs when I get a chance.

DolbyVision currently cannot be played in MKV, or rather: ripped to MKV. HDR10 is what you will get. No point in wasting any time on it.

Comment

Working...
    X