No announcement yet.

Buffalo BRUHD-PU3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if you're aware, but the drive tool can now downgrade the FW from BU11 to BU10.

I had to take the drive out of the case, insert it into an older laptop (my Lenovo couldn't be set to IDE so used an older one - due to the amount of set up I had to go through I've left that laptop with the alternative configuration, just in case I need to downgrade another drive) and run the software. After reinserting the drive into the Buffalo case everything seems to be working as expected and the firmware is reported as BU10.

I am having issues with making 1:1 copies (The Secret Life of Pets) but I'm not sure if that's hardware or software related. In that case MKV Passthrough has worked fine, where the disc is not yet supported I've used MakeMKV as a recent update has just been released that supports the disc (The Lego Movie 2)

I hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by thxtexed View Post
      Not sure if you're aware, but the drive tool can now downgrade the FW from BU11 to BU10.

I had to take the drive out of the case, insert it into an older laptop (my Lenovo couldn't be set to IDE so used an older one - due to the amount of set up I had to go through I've left that laptop with the alternative configuration, just in case I need to downgrade another drive) and run the software. After reinserting the drive into the Buffalo case everything seems to be working as expected and the firmware is reported as BU10.

I am having issues with making 1:1 copies (The Secret Life of Pets) but I'm not sure if that's hardware or software related. In that case MKV Passthrough has worked fine, where the disc is not yet supported I've used MakeMKV as a recent update has just been released that supports the disc (The Lego Movie 2)

I hope this helps!
      thank you for the message. the process of taking the drive out of usb enclosure seems a little complicated. i'm hoping this will not be necessary when the UHD Drive tool supports the Buffalo drive which i think is coming.

Comment

It's not too hard, if you know what you're doing, there is a guide in the help section somewhere, that's what I followed. To be honest I didn't realise that the case came apart so easily. I didn't even use a tool to get it off. Once the connector was off, which just pulls out, the case was easily pulled into two sections by hand, although I would probably use a plastic tool to help get it separated. It might be kinder to the plastic tabs, of which I managed to snap a couple in my haste to get into the thing.

Yes, it would have been better if it was possible to downgrade the firmware over USB, but I've had the drive a while so in for a penny, in for a pound, as they say, and took the plunge.

The hardest part was finding out my laptop doesn't support the older tech for the SATA port and then having to take my wife's laptop apart (it's only slightly older than mine but had the compatibility for SATA IDE that mine didn't) so I could connect directly to the computer. Once that was done it was a case of clicking on the Downgrade button and waiting a few minutes for the software to do its thing.

My plan was for the actual drive itself to live in my laptop, replacing the DVD burner, but it wasn't being recognised, so stuck it back into the case.

Saying that, now it's back in the case it does leave me open to upgrading my laptop to something more powerful!

If the tool doesn't support USB downgrades in the near future and you have any questions please let me know and I'll see if I can answer them.

Comment

Now having 100% success with the Buffalo drive with the firmware downgraded to BU10 and UHD discs.

Don't know why it's working today over yesterday, but I'm happy and have a system that I can rely on.

Thanks to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
            Hi,

It will be supported soon, thanks!

Wilson
            Any update on the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 being supported to downgrade FW via usb cable, i been waiting since February

Comment

i have been waiting since February for the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 to be supported. it was the main reason i purchased the UHD Drive tool. taking it out of the usb enclosure is not an option for me. are you any closer now to get this drive supported?

Comment

Originally posted by akadennis View Post
                i have been waiting since February for the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3 to be supported. it was the main reason i purchased the UHD Drive tool. taking it out of the usb enclosure is not an option for me. are you any closer now to get this drive supported?
                look man i messaged you many times how to flash it over USB it stop beating your head against the wall and read you messages i dont see the dvdfab tool doing it anytime soon

Comment

Originally posted by steavedaguru View Post

look man i messaged you many times how to flash it over USB it stop beating your head against the wall and read you messages i dont see the dvdfab tool doing it anytime soon
                  Hi, I have read your response to akadennis regarding using a USB method to downgrade the firmware for the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3. I just bought it, myself. I know there is the method with instructions for attaching it to a computer via SATA to do the downgrage. Are you saying there is a USB method for downgrading the firmware? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by besharpone View Post

Hi, I have read your response to akadennis regarding using a USB method to downgrade the firmware for the Buffalo BRUHD-PU3. I just bought it, myself. I know there is the method with instructions for attaching it to a computer via SATA to do the downgrage. Are you saying there is a USB method for downgrading the firmware? Thanks.
                    i sent you a message

Comment

A new version of the Downgrade tool has just been released. Might be worth a look.

Comment

Working...
                      X