Drive Tool just Bricked my Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Drive Tool just Bricked my Drive

Hi Everyone, Tonight, I'm really frustrated, moreso with myself than with DVDFab..

I just spent the past hour and half installing a clean copy of windows on an old PC that I was able to set in IDE mode, got Fab installed, purchased the UHD drive tool, and activated, then tried to update the drive.

The first time I tried, The software made it through the backup of the firmware, then windows bluescreened.

I then rebooted and tried it again - it again backed up the firmware, then Displayed an error, I didn't catch the exact error, but it seemed reasonable to try again.

After that reboot, the drive was no longer visible to the OS.

It still powers up and I can hit the eject button, but the OS doesn't see it.

Very frustrated right now, and while I realize these things happen it sucks to be out money for the drive, the software for the drive, and ultimately I'll need to do what I should have done in the first place and buy a drive with downgraded firmware from Ebay.

If anyone knows of a trick to resurrect a drive that doesn't show up, it'd be great to put this back in service - it was a faithful drive for all my blu-rays.

Hi,

I can help you to fix the drive if you have a Windows 7 32bit system.

Sorry for this to trouble you...

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson!

I have some good news - the drive doesn't appear bricked, seems windows just couldn't see it but it was visible in the bios.

I reformatted my windows 10 system, and installed windows 7 32bit, and installed dvdfab on that.

I am still getting an error, but this time I recorded the screen.

The Error states:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oops! A problem is found in the old firmware of your drive.
      Please make sure that the drive can read a DVD/Blue-ray disk normally. If not , please update the firmware to the newest official version from the drive manufacturer and then repeat the downgrade procedure again.
      :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Unfortunately, My Drive is an LG WH16NS40 at 1.03 firmware.

I tried downloading the same from LG's website, but it will not apply, saying it's already at that level.

What would be the next step for trying to get this downgraded?

Thanks Wilson!

Comment

Originally posted by Basementjack View Post
        Hi Wilson!

I have some good news - the drive doesn't appear bricked, seems windows just couldn't see it but it was visible in the bios.

I reformatted my windows 10 system, and installed windows 7 32bit, and installed dvdfab on that.

The Error states:

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Please make sure that the drive can read a DVD/Blue-ray disk normally. If not , please update the firmware to the newest official version from the drive manufacturer and then repeat the downgrade procedure again.
        :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I tried downloading the same from LG's website, but it will not apply, saying it's already at that level.

Thanks Wilson!
        remove your drive from your PC and look for a label
        it should be SVC Code NS50. if it has SVC NS40 it isn't going to work

Comment

Hi Wilson!

The Error states:

Thanks Wilson!
          I have done a lot of these drives with your model and fab if you get the downgrade tool error box click ignore and proceed it will down grad it to 1.02 then you will be able to read 4ks with it.

Comment

october262 It is an NS50 thankfully.
            XX14 Unfortunately the machine blue screens, It has blue screened at the same point on both Windows 10x64 and Windows 7x86, both were clean installs of windows on an SSD for the purpose of flashing the drive.

Comment

october262 It is an NS50 thankfully.
              XX14 Unfortunately the machine blue screens, It has blue screened at the same point on both Windows 10x64 and Windows 7x86, both were clean installs of windows on an SSD for the purpose of flashing the drive.
              when you installed the operating system on the ssd did you do it in IDE Mode?

I have a older PC I use to flash my drives and I installed windows in ide mode so I didn't have to just through hoops .

Comment

Yep, switched bios to IDE mode before installing windows.

Comment

Working...
                X