UHD movies rip on passthru but not compressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper UHD movies rip on passthru but not compressed

I've got several movies (Bumblebee and Captain Marvel) that rip fine when UHD passthrough is used, but when I select MP4.4K.H265.10bit or MKV.4K.H265.10bit they rip to about 12% and then get stuck. The profiles give no error messages, they just get stuck. I also tried MP4.SDR but the program said that was an invalid profile. Why won't these discs rip in anything other than passthrough? Passthrough makes for about 45GB files so I don't want to keep doing those.

I started ripping Alien Covenant last night and I also thought mine got stuck at 11% but I just left it and after one hour and forty three minutes it started to go up. I would say just give it some time. I think the software jumps up to 11 or 12 percent and then it has to play catch up to get to that point and then goes from there at a regular speed.

As for the passthrough, I had the same issue, you have to unselect passthrough first and then you can select either MKV or MP4 4K H265 10bit.

Comment

What was the total time it took to rip your compressed versions if it only started going up after 1 hour 43 minutes?

Comment

Originally posted by dgorrd View Post
        What was the total time it took to rip your compressed versions if it only started going up after 1 hour 43 minutes?
        I ripped Alien Covenant, it was 02:02:00 long, compressed via MKV.H265.10bit with HDR. It took a total of 14:14:00 and yielded an 18Gb file.

As a point of reference, I ripped the standard Blu-ray in MKV.H265.8bit and the file size was 9Gb so the file size of a UHD movie is around twice the size than a normal Blu-ray.
        Last edited by AcIDc0r3; 06-17-2019, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I found comments elsewhere in this forum that the problem was with GTX 900 series graphics cards which can't process H265. I upgraded my graphics card to RTX 2070 and now the 4K compressed rips only take about 45 minutes, and only pause 1 or 2 minutes at 11% done.

Comment

Originally posted by dgorrd View Post
            I found comments elsewhere in this forum that the problem was with GTX 900 series graphics cards which can't process H265. I upgraded my graphics card to RTX 2070 and now the 4K compressed rips only take about 45 minutes, and only pause 1 or 2 minutes at 11% done.
            Nice!

Comment

Working...
            X