Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden Audio Tracks

Hello,

This is more a question on functionality for problem masterings. I'm not sure if anyone is aware, although now, given the entire series is on UHD, it might be noticed by more people. But The Fast and Furious 6 and 7 UHD had a mastering issue that was never fixed in that on both discs, the extended cuts had the primary audio tracks hidden, and only had a lossy DTS 5.1 track available. I was watching the series from the start and suddenly stopped when I got to disc 6 and found I was getting lossy DTS 5.1 on the extended cut!

You can fix it manually painfully by decrypting and making your on playlist using another tool, and then you have the DTSX track, but you can't do it directly with DVD Fab - for some reason DVD Fab honors the hidden flag, and only shows you tracks that are not flagged as hidden. It would be nice if DVD Fab gave the option to see and use the hidden tracks.

Eg, this is the Aussie Fast and Furious 6 extended (this one is also faulty in that the track is also missing the DTS:X flag):

Name: 00801.MPLS
    Length: 2:11:02.938 (h:m:s.ms)
    Size: 51,363,182,592 bytes
    Total Bitrate: 52.26 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
    ----- ------- -----------
    MPEG-H HEVC Video 0 kbps 2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR10 / BT.2020 /

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
    ----- -------- ------- -----------
    DTS Audio English 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
    DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
    Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / Dolby Surround
    * DTS-HD High-Res Audio English 3456 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 3456 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
    * DTS Audio English 256 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 256 kbps / 24-bit
    * DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit

see if there's more than one playlist, (eg "extended cut") dvdfab may only be choosing the theatrical cut.

Comment

No, there isn't a playlist of the extended cut that had the proper audio track unhidden. As I said, these are bad early masters they never bothered fixing up. The only way you can fix this mess is having a software player that ignores hidden flag, or use a tool like DVDFab to rebuild it.

Comment

Working...
      X