Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turing Half Speed Encoding 4K H265 since DVDFab 11.0.3.1. Why ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post

Why are you on the fence? Turing is much better than Pascal. Look at THIS thread and see for yourself. I performed real world tests between an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti and the EVGA RTX 2080 and from the test you can clearly see that the RTX 2080 is pulling in slightly faster if not the same speeds but look at the file sizes and see that they are considerably less in size than the GTX 1080 Ti. Much better compression with the RTX 2080, I can only imagine what the Super cards are like.
    same encoder in all of them would be same size maybe slightly faster on higher end but rtx 2060 and 1660 and up uses new encoder 1650 use a volta encoder not pascal so might be slightly better then pascal but worse than turing
    Last edited by steavedaguru; 07-30-2019, 05:34 AM.

Comment

A lot of folks think that because Pascal have two NVENC chips and Turing have only one that Pascal is better but their wrong. I've been on the NVidia dev forums and NVidia's claiming that the two chips have been combined into one which makes data processing faster and more efficient. In doing so they have achieved slightly faster process times as well as greatly decreasing file size by way of better compression.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please set it to copy audio or output to AAC audio, do NOT select any subtitle for the conversion to try again and see if the speed changes or not. Still, please feedback with the latest log file, thanks.
        Thank you very much, Mona.

Newest Logs are Uploaded in GDrive Folder. I've tested it with AAC, Audio Copy, in combination with or without Subtitles, with Dev 11.0.3.9 and 11.0.4.0. Nothing changes. I think it's the B-Frame Support since 11.0.1.9, that clearly slows down the UHD Ripping. 11.0.1.8 runs very faster.

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post

Why are you on the fence? Turing is much better than Pascal. Look at THIS thread and see for yourself. I performed real world tests between an EVGA GTX 1080 Ti and the EVGA RTX 2080 and from the test you can clearly see that the RTX 2080 is pulling in slightly faster if not the same speeds but look at the file sizes and see that they are considerably less in size than the GTX 1080 Ti. Much better compression with the RTX 2080, I can only imagine what the Super cards are like.
          Specifically in this instances to DVDFAB support for
          Fermi, Kepler, Pascal, Volta, Turing ....
          Ive had issues in the past where new video card technology drivers were not tuned proper or incompatible and or older cards like the gtx 700 series not being able to encode/decode h.265 etc. So I was open to opinions for performance based on the RTX or questioning if AMD had any advantage, I've never owned an AMD GPU card but do have Ryzen 1800x. Dvdfab is not the only cuda driver errors as just recently adobe opened up better support for the current 1070 I own, prior it was hit or miss if it would even grab the cuda driver. So that being said I want to use the best card for DVDfab "supported" if RTX is beta or alpha or still bring fine tuned for performance that's what I want to hear, I can read stats all day it comes down to real world performance inside of dvdfab. Hope everyone understands my question and or if the error is resolved.

Comment

This is a specific problem thread, and no discussion about GPUs. It gets cluttered here.

Comment

Originally posted by blasiusx View Post
              This is a specific problem thread, and no discussion about GPUs. It gets cluttered here.
              Turing Half Speed Encoding 4K H265 since DVDFab 11.0.3.1. Why ? - its slightly off topic to ask if purchasing a turing card now will not benefit me in anyway...… due to half speed encoding, bug or driver issue...?

Comment

Thank you very much, Mona.

Newest Logs are Uploaded in GDrive Folder. I've tested it with AAC, Audio Copy, in combination with or without Subtitles, with Dev 11.0.3.9 and 11.0.4.0. Nothing changes. I think it's the B-Frame Support since 11.0.1.9, that clearly slows down the UHD Ripping. 11.0.1.8 runs very faster.
                From developer:
                We test on rtx1660, with or without B frame, DVDFab uses 100% nvenc video encode engine and your can see that in Windows 10 task manager or in GPU-Z sensors.
                Enable B frame will use too much nvenc that is controlled by Nvidia driver, we send e-mail to Nvidia for support.
                For mkv.4k.h265.10bit profile in DVDFab, you can open it (path "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 11\profiles6\preset\x265_ABR_Fast_MKV.preset"), go to line #39, find <Bframes>4</Bframes>, change it to <Bframes>0</Bframes> and then you will have the old speed.
                Meanwhile, you can also post this question on Nvidia forums. Click image for larger version  Name:	QQ??20190802094247.png Views:	1 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	370803
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-02-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, Wilson. That was certainly not a reproach or criticism, but I just wanted to know why it is so. Then my guess was right, it is due to the B-frame support. One more question: could you not deposit this as an option in the DVD Fab settings, where you can disable or enable the B-frame support?

As you know Nvidia, they either do nothing, or it takes forever.

Anyway, thank you very much for your effort, other developers can take an example of that.

@AOD

Do not take it personally, but this was about a special Nvidia Turing "problem" with DVDFab, and not which GPU you should prefer now. Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, Wilson. That was certainly not a reproach or criticism, but I just wanted to know why it is so. Then my guess was right, it is due to the B-frame support. One more question: could you not deposit this as an option in the DVD Fab settings, where you can disable or enable the B-frame support?

As you know Nvidia, they either do nothing, or it takes forever.

Anyway, thank you very much for your effort, other developers can take an example of that.

@AOD

Do not take it personally, but this was about a special Nvidia Turing "problem" with DVDFab, and not which GPU you should prefer now. Thank you for your understanding.
                    Hi,

Please wait the new version, add the option "Enable B-Frame Conversion for NVIDIA Turing Cards" at Common Settings -> Conversion.

Thanks!

Wilson
                    Please post your logs the default location is:
                    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

This is Great News, i'm very happy. Thank you so much, Wilson, great Support !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

11.0.4.2 Works Great. Very good Solution !!!!

Comment

I just tested 1070 and 2070 super on 4k encode. same files similar cpu. on 1070 about 60-90fps h.264 4k to h.265 4k. On the 2070 super I am seeing roughly double again same files different gpu, between 145-190 fps. I'd say no issues both on 11.0.4.2. no offense taken blasiusx.

Comment

11.0.4.2 Works Great. Very good Solution !!!!
                            the possibility of using B-frames is normally the main reason for an upgrade to turing from pascal. It is nonsense to deactivate it if you want to get quality recodes.

Comment

Working...
                            X