No announcement yet.

Alita: Battle Angel recons as SDR???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Alita: Battle Angel recons as SDR???

can't remux to MP4 Dolby Vision, as "source format not supported" because of that SDR sign... i think. full bdinfo indicated HDR10+ and Dolby Vision correctly also title info in dvdfab shows DoVi.
    Code:
    VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description    
    -----                   -------             -----------    
    MPEG-H HEVC Video       41361 kbps          2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR10+ / BT.2020 /
    * MPEG-H HEVC Video     2134 kbps           1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / Dolby Vision / BT.2020 /
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snímka.PNG
Views:	297
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	370188

1. Please post the whole BDinfo file, upload it as an attachment.
    2. The current selected movie playlist doesn't contain dolby vision, it is a hidden video stream no in this playlist, but in m2ts file.
    3. The HDR 10+ shown as SDR is a bug.
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-17-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      2. The current selected movie playlist doesn't contain dolby vision, it is a hidden video stream no in this playlist, but in m2ts file.
      I experiencing the same problem. Here is the disk info as you requested, attached as a file down below:
      Attached Files

Comment

posted by "colleague"

it's not hidden

yes, it's a bug, but that prevents me to re-mux it with Dolby Vision to MP4 on my NAS for later viewing without the disc.

Comment

Any development news, Mona?

Comment

Hi jlp,

This attached bdinfo file, only shows one playlist info.
            From the file, you can see the line "(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.", so this
            * MPEG-H HEVC Video 2134 kbps 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / Dolby Vision / BT.2020 /
            which starts with a character (*) is a stream hidden by this playlist.

This explains the #2 and #3 problem mentioned above. The current 800.mpls only shows hdr10+, no Dolby Vision, as the Dolby Vision stream is hidden.
            Maybe another playlist or another version of uhd disc has both video stream.

We are waiting for the arrival of our disc, it will need some time. So if you can provide more info, that maybe helpful. Thanks.

yours,
            Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

no... Dolby Vision layer is ALWAYS as hidden stream. Look at the image of the first post.. 4K UHD SDR??? And that's why we cannot backup as MP4.DolbyVision.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp View Post
                no... Dolby Vision layer is ALWAYS as hidden stream. Look at the image of the first post.. 4K UHD SDR??? And that's why we cannot backup as MP4.DolbyVision.
                At this point, is better to wait for them to receive their physical copy of Alita with HDR10+ and DV. I am sure they will figure that out shortly, HDR10+ with Dolby Vision is relatively new concept, and more studios including both premium formats lately.

Comment

Is there any more development on Alita rip? I'm using Infuse on Apple TV and the full rips are not playing in Dolby Vision, but rips of single chapters do play in DoVi.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman5 View Post
                    Is there any more development on Alita rip? I'm using Infuse on Apple TV and the full rips are not playing in Dolby Vision, but rips of single chapters do play in DoVi.
                    By "rips of single chapters", do you mean "split by chapter"? Please post your dvdfab_internal.log file too, thanks.

Comment

By "rips of single chapters", do you mean "split by chapter"? Please post your dvdfab_internal.log file too, thanks.
                      I choose just one chapter in the menu. I was using this method to test because of the time it was taking to rip the entire disk. Ripping a single chapter lets DoVi work correctly. I'll get a log uploaded soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman5 View Post
                        Same thing with Gladiator, both alita and gladiator has in common that the dvdfab process to make them into mp4 requires going through 3-4-5different .m2ts as source, not just 1-2 as most working ones.

Comment

Hi Guys

Any update with this disc?
                          Loving the software so far, but Alita will not play back using the Dolby Vision Single Layer profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Angryunibrow View Post
                            Hi Guys

Any update with this disc?
                            Loving the software so far, but Alita will not play back using the Dolby Vision Single Layer profile.
                            What's the phenomenon when you tried the playback? Please specify and post your dvdfab_intenernal.log file too.
                            Log directory is in my sig, please check, thank you.

Comment

What's the phenomenon when you tried the playback? Please specify and post your dvdfab_intenernal.log file too.
                              Log directory is in my sig, please check, thank you.
                              Let me try to get another rip done this weekend and I can post the logs.

Comment

Working...
                              X