New Hellboy not recognized as HDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper New Hellboy not recognized as HDR

I have ripped the new Hellboy three times using the MKV.4K.H265.10bit profile using v11.0.40. While fab states that the ripping process completed successfully and the mkv can be played it is not recognized as being HDR. Does the log show what may be wrong? Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Please update to v11.0.4.1 to try again, if still have problem, please feedback with the below information:

1. Latest DVDFab internal log
    2. Please open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. (Please check PM for FTP info)
    3. The BDinfo of this movie disc, default path: C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab11\BDInfo
    4. Please send us the Mediainfo result of the output mkv file created by v11.0.4.1 version.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. I've been trying several things to narrow it down. I updated my video card drivers and tried many more 4K movies using the same MKV.4K.H265.10bit profile with v11.0.41. I use this profile for all of my 4K movies and they all showed as being HDR until Hellboy and now another one, Avengers Endgame. Avengers Endgame also stated that it completed successfully and can be played but it is not showing as being HDR when played.

Many other movies that I ripped to test were Shazam, Dumbo 2019, Cinderella 2015, Alita Battle Angel, Pet Sematary 2019, and Captain Marvel. All of these movies correctly show as being HDR when played. Right now it's only Hellboy 2019 and Avengers Endgame that do not so it must be movie related.

I will have to rip them again tonight to produce log files. The existing logs are lost in the log file among all of the other movies now. I'll try to do that tonight and upload what's needed to the FTP site for both movies tomorrow. I'll reply here when the files have been uploaded.

Comment

Everything has been uploaded to the FTP site. Please let me know if they can find out what's wrong. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
          Everything has been uploaded to the FTP site. Please let me know if they can find out what's wrong. Thank you.
          I will download them soon. Meanwhile, please use mediainfo to analyze one of the output file and post the result here. Thanks.

Comment

Here's the logs, bdinfo and mediainfo for both movies. These are all in the zip file as well if needed.
            Attached Files

Comment

I could only attach 4 things. Here's the logs.
              Attached Files

Comment

From developers:
                your mediainfo file shows that DVDFab keeps those HDR10 info;and we tested on TV, HDR10 info retains in the output.
                please check your player setting, maybe you can provide us more info about the play device or playback software.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	medianinfo.png
Views:	192
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	370979

Comment

Yeah, it shows as being HDR, they both do, but it doesn't turn on the TV's HDR setting when played like all of my other HDR titles do. It's only these two movies that don't kick in the HDR when played so it's not that many out of how many I've done in HDR so it's got to be something specific to these two movies. I'm using an LG C8 OLED with Plex either through a Roku or the built in Plex app in the TV. I don't have another HDR display to test them on unfortunately.

Comment

LG released an update to their built in Plex app today. I don't know what it was addressing but it fixed the problem of HDR movies not playing in HDR.

Comment

OK I finally figured it out. The latest update didn't fix it. The problem has existed for more than two years according to the Plex forums so it doesn't look like it's ever going to be fixed. The issue is using the Plex app built into an LG TV can either play HDR or it can display subtitles. It can't do both. If you enable subtitles (any format, embedded or external) the file will not play in HDR. If you disable subtitles the same file will then play in HDR.

So if someone else has an issue of their HDR content not playing in HDR ask them if they're using subtitles on an LG TV using Plex.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                        OK I finally figured it out. The latest update didn't fix it. The problem has existed for more than two years according to the Plex forums so it doesn't look like it's ever going to be fixed. The issue is using the Plex app built into an LG TV can either play HDR or it can display subtitles. It can't do both. If you enable subtitles (any format, embedded or external) the file will not play in HDR. If you disable subtitles the same file will then play in HDR.

So if someone else has an issue of their HDR content not playing in HDR ask them if they're using subtitles on an LG TV using Plex.
                        Hi Diaboyos, thank you for updating this case and the information. We appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                        X