Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Dolby Vision and HD audio

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the information in the forum. I am new to the ripper and have a trial version of the UHD Ripper and I'm trying to get Dolby Vision and TrueHD (Atmos) audio in the mp4 file so that I can play it with my Apple TV. I understand that TrueHD in a MP4 container is experimental and, in fact, I'm getting only standard 5.1 Dolby Digital audio in the resulting file.
    I believe this is expected from the current profile, but is there a way for me to get Dolby vision (single layer) in another container (MKV) or is only possible to have it in MP4?
    Thank you in advance.

I've ripped 120 4k discs to MKV all have the original soundtrack preserved along with HDR video

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
      I've ripped 120 4k discs to MKV all have the original soundtrack preserved along with HDR video
      That works for me too, but I'm looking to have Dolby Vision instead of HDR (when it's available). Examples are latest Spiderman or John Wick 3 4k BD discs.

Comment

Originally posted by r4w View Post
        I am new to the ripper and have a trial version of the UHD Ripper and I'm trying to get Dolby Vision and TrueHD (Atmos) audio in the mp4 file so that I can play it with my Apple TV.
        When using profile MP4.Dolby Vision, did you try Copy Audio?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	copy audio.png
Views:	345
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	373400

Comment

I can not get Atmos to play using the Dolby Vision profile either, and yes, I did choose Copy Audio in the configuration section of the Dolby Vision profile.
          I'm using Plex to play the file and there's an error that states:
          Transcode Reason: Direct Play was attempted but failed, fallen back to transcoding

This error is causing Plex to fall back to 5.1DD instead of Atmos.
          Last edited by FQs19; 10-12-2019, 09:26 PM. Reason: added Plex error info

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
            I can not get Atmos to play using the Dolby Vision profile either, and yes, I did choose Copy Audio in the configuration section of the Dolby Vision profile.
            I'm using Plex to play the file and there's an error that states:
            Transcode Reason: Direct Play was attempted but failed, fallen back to transcoding

This error is causing Plex to fall back to 5.1DD instead of Atmos.
            Please send us the dvdfab_internal log file and the Mediainfo analyze result of the output file, thanks.

Comment

I'm attaching the files you requested from Anna (2019) UHD disc, but I only ripped the first two chapters of the movie. If you need me to rip the whole movie, just ask.

Looking forward to having Dolby Vision and Atmos/DTSX files to play.

Thanks
              ​​​​​​​
              Attached Files

Comment

Apple tvOS 12 supports Dolby Atmos Make sure HDMI is used for the connection to receiver.If a earlier version I don't think theirs support for these soundtracks so Apple will give you the next lower soundtrack it can play automatically.So check your manual and or model number.If you have a different device that plays ATMOS try it to the receiver like Fab media player or VLC media player to test this.

Plug one end of an HDMI cable into the HDMI Output on your sound bar or AV receiver. Then plug the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI Input on your Apple TV.
                Now, in order to check if Dolby Atmos is configured or not, go to Settings > Video and Audio and select Audio Format.
                Under Atmospheric Audio, make sure that Dolby Atmos is enabled. If Atmospheric Audio option is not there, you might need to change how your home entertainment system is configured.

Comment

I'm attaching the files you requested from Anna (2019) UHD disc, but I only ripped the first two chapters of the movie. If you need me to rip the whole movie, just ask.

Looking forward to having Dolby Vision and Atmos/DTSX files to play.

Thanks
                  ​​​​​​​
                  MP4 container doesn't support Atmos audio, you can set the audio to EAC3 in the Advanced Settings window.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	EAC3.png
Views:	419
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	373806

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

MP4 container doesn't support Atmos audio, you can set the audio to EAC3 in the Advanced Settings window.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	EAC3.png Views:	1 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	373806
                    So does this EAC3 format play back Atmos on receivers and tvs that support Atmos?
                    Or is this just a work around to get Atmos on the AppleTV?

Comment

So does this EAC3 format play back Atmos on receivers and tvs that support Atmos?
                      Or is this just a work around to get Atmos on the AppleTV?
                      1, No; 2, No.

EAC3 format is relatively better than other available options in this case, so I suggested to use this format.

Comment

Hello Mona:
                        Is their a reason MKV can't be used as a profile for Dolby Vision as it supports Atmos sound? Eac-3 is compressed as well just not as much as the other soundtracks.The last Jedi 4K Dolby vision and Atmos has 7.1 channels the Eac-3 Dolby Vision copy only 6 channels of sound.

Comment

Mona:
                          (MP4 container doesn't support Atmos audio, you can set the audio to EAC3 in the Advanced Settings window.)
                          I am somewhat confused as here is a MP4 trailer with Atmos here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vj...kgGYjShV6RLk9V
                          here is the Medainfo.:

Comment

Above trailer (post 13) must be downloaded to play in Atmos not played on the online player in the link they do something to it to save space and strip the Atmos off.
                            This Atmos trailer will play on my LG hardware 4k blu ray player in a UBS stick and burned to a data blu ray.I don't know if they can make it work with Dolby vision also FQ19 can download and see if it plays on his equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by novrain View Post
                              Hello Mona:
                              Is their a reason MKV can't be used as a profile for Dolby Vision as it supports Atmos sound? Eac-3 is compressed as well just not as much as the other soundtracks.The last Jedi 4K Dolby vision and Atmos has 7.1 channels the Eac-3 Dolby Vision copy only 6 channels of sound.
                              Dolby company or others have not defined how to put dolby vision into mkv yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X