Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support -LG BH16NS60 Drive not accepted as Approved Drive!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool Support -LG BH16NS60 Drive not accepted as Approved Drive!!

I recently added the UHD Suite and sadly found that my drive a LG BH16NS60 was not supported in the UHD Drive Tool making the UHD Drive useless.

The LG BH16NS60 drive is the same drive as the WH16NS60.

The only difference is the WH16NS60 comes with software and cables; the BH16NS60 is the bare drive not software or cables.

Please update UHD Drive Tool to recognize this drive as well. Until then I'm dead in the water!

Thanks
    Rew

Hello Rew, our developer notice about this drive, we are looking at it, please wait for some time, thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona,

Any news on adding support for the LG BH16NS60 drive to the UHD Drive Tool??
      If you check LG's website they equate it to the WH16NS60 when looking for any new firmware. The only difference is with or without Software/Cables.

I don't mean to be impatient but DVDFab is useless to me for UHD until I can use this tool. It is detected and works with other UHD software suppliers but you require your own in order to get it to work for UHD disc's.

Thanks
      Rew

Comment

My BH16NS60 is already on Firmware 1.0 and another software uses LibreDrive to access UHD and it works very well on this drive.

Have you folks ever considered using this method since it is a direct disc read and it is opensourced linux system?

Seems like this would ease the firmware update issues and risks.

Comment

Any News?

By the way another way to say it is The LG BH16NS60 is the OEM version of the LG WH16NS60

Comment

So flash it to WH16NS60 1.00

Comment

Originally posted by steavedaguru View Post
              So flash it to WH16NS60 1.00
              Dah, Thanks for your suggestion. That worked. Did the first flash last Feb(2019) to mk and not sure why it did not change it to WH. Reflashed today to the same mk which had been updated and now has WH instead of BH.

Now will check with Drive Tool.

Rew

Comment

Originally posted by Rew452 View Post

Dah, Thanks for your suggestion. That worked. Did the first flash last Feb(2019) to mk and not sure why it did not change it to WH. Reflashed today to the same mk which had been updated and now has WH instead of BH.

Now will check with Drive Tool.

Rew
                if you already have 1.00 there is no need for the drive tool that is for downgrading

Comment

I would agree but DVDFab required the firmware update, No issue and it apparently uses the LibreDrive access method; at least that's what it indicates.

Sadly, DVDFab still can't handle Midway or Knives Out Disc copy.

Comment

Everything seems to work well now. I made full copies of Midway and Knives Out, Dolby Vision and sound formats played back flawlessly! Even though both movies indicated read errors but I went ahead and copied anyway, what ever correction fixes seemed to work very well.

I watched, re watched both movies last night and did not see any issues, DV looked great.

Rew
                    Last edited by Rew452; 03-08-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X