Is DVDFab using the full potential of my GTX1060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Is DVDFab using the full potential of my GTX1060

I have a GTX1060 and I'm trying to figure out if DVDFab is using its full potential, because the task manager is showing that it's only using my GTX1060 for encoding and not decoding. Nvidia states that my videocard is capable of being used for encoding and decoding, but DVDFab isn't doing that. The movie i'm ripping during this test is Jigsaw (2017) UHD disc. I'm using the MKV.4.H265.10bit profile with Copy Audio and render subtitles both selected.

Here are the some screenshots to you what I'm seeing.
    CPU is maxed out.
    GTX is only being used for encoding at 20%
    No Decoding with GTX.

Any help in understanding this would be great.

I'll add the logs when I finished ripping.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab snip.png
Views:	601
Size:	160.1 KB
ID:	379364

Name:	DVDFab snip1.png
Views:	341
Size:	225.8 KB
ID:	379365

try checking for a driver update for your computers graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      try checking for a driver update for your computers graphics card.
      Already running the latest driver and latest Windows 10 version.

Comment

The image you attached is hard to see clearly. Please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file.

Also, please try to rip from ISO source and attach the latest log file. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          The image you attached is hard to see clearly. Please attach the latest dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file.

I'll repost the screenshots, but in the meantime, here are the logs from the session where I ripped straight from the bluray drive like I always do.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are new screenshots with me ripping the UHD.
            It shows CPU usage at 96%, GPU Encoding at 23%, No GPU Decoding.

Name:	Snip.png
Views:	302
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	379419

Name:	Snip1.png
Views:	297
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	379420

Comment

I copied the ISO from the same movie, Jigsaw (2017), to my pc and ripped it like you suggested and got the same performance or should I say lack there-of.
              The CPU was maxed at 100%, the Encoder was still at 26%, and the Decoder wasn't used.

As for the screenshots, I've been following the guidelines for submitting photos to the forum: resize photo to 700x500 pixels, then click on image button, select file to upload to server, then click on Center, but as you can see, it becomes very blurry if you try and zoom in.
              Is there a better way to upload photos?
              I've already changed my desktop resolution to 1080P from 4K, but that hasn't helped.

Name:	DVDFab2.png
Views:	342
Size:	169.7 KB
ID:	379424

Comment

One thing I failed to mention, which I don't think should matter, is that I'm using the Studio Driver for my GTX1060.
                I'm currently up to date, running version 442.19, released Feb.3, 2020.

I switched to the Studio driver last year since I prefer the stability and don't play any video games on this pc.

Comment

Update:

I uninstalled all my video card drivers, DVDFab, and my audio drivers, then deleted all files and folders that were connected to those drivers and programs.
                  I then used CCleaner a bunch of times to make sure I cleaned everything.

I restarted my pc several times while installing all re-downloaded drivers and programs.

I then made sure all settings related to my audio and video were properly set.
                  Did one final restart.

Opened DVDFab, adjusted all the settings back to how I had them before. Restarted DVDFab to make sure my settings took.

Popped in Jexi (2019) and starting ripping it, and what do you know, my task manager is showing only 80% CPU usage and both Encoding and Decoding usuage!

I of course picked the wrong profile to rip with, but hey, at least I got my GPU to do some work finally.
                  No idea what fixed my problem, but here are my logs from this rip.

Name:	Snip3.png
Views:	291
Size:	308.8 KB
ID:	379469

Comment

Working...
                  X