Dolby Vision TCL TV Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Dolby Vision TCL TV Compatibility

I am watching content on a TCL Dolby Vision Home Theatre TV. The Dolby Vision files I get from DVDFab (single or double layer) do not work. It'll play the audio correctly with some garbled green lines with the brightness changing, so I know DV is active on the TV (and the DV logo shows up). I most recently did this with the JOKER Blu-ray. However, when I do it myself, taking the .m2ts file from the STREAM folder and using Dolby's MP4Muxer on it, with Dolby Vision Profile 5, the produced video works great on my TV with no issues. I'd love it if the files produced by DVDFab could also work, as it'd be much less of a hassle.

Here is the MediaInfo of the working file I created with Dolby's tool.
    General
    Complete name : F:\Joker.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/dby1/isom)
    File size : 43.3 GiB
    Duration : 2 h 1 min
    Overall bit rate : 50.9 Mb/s

Video #1
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format : SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID : dvhe
    Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
    Bit rate : 50.2 Mb/s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.252
    Stream size : 42.7 GiB (99%)
    Default : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2
    Maximum Content Light Level : 992 cd/m2
    Maximum Frame-Average Light Level : 120 cd/m2
    Codec configuration box : hvcC

Video #2
    ID : 2
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.03, BL+RPU / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
    Codec ID : dvhe
    Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
    Bit rate : 64.3 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.001
    Stream size : 56.0 MiB (0%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2
    Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Audio
    ID : 3
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Commercial name : Dolby Digital
    Codec ID : ac-3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 640 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 558 MiB (1%)
    Language : English
    Service kind : Complete Main

Is the file playable using software player slike DVDFab Player 6 on your PC?
    Please also provide us the log session for the attempt, we need dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please also provide us the log session for the attempt, we need dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file, thanks.
      Dolby Vision isn't compatible with DVDFab Player, you yourself have said this. So no, it doesn't play, whether I created the file myself with Dolby's tool or DVDFab. It only plays the audio in both cases. Next time I try out a Dolby Vision file I'll grab the logs.

Comment

I don't yet have MP4Muxer yet, but it's CLI, right? Would you mind telling me the precise command line you use to generate the mp4 with DV in it?
        So, I noticed you have DD as your audio - it is still true you cannot get Atmos when do this conversion? And, lastly, does one still need an ISO as the source because a given BDMV folder might not valid .m2ts?
        I agree it would be great if DVDFab could do DV - and save same in mkv output.

Comment

We still need the log files to help check the playback issue. Please refer to this post and send us the feedback ID, thanks.
          DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Originally posted by 2luv4ever View Post
            I don't yet have MP4Muxer yet, but it's CLI, right? Would you mind telling me the precise command line you use to generate the mp4 with DV in it?
            So, I noticed you have DD as your audio - it is still true you cannot get Atmos when do this conversion? And, lastly, does one still need an ISO as the source because a given BDMV folder might not valid .m2ts?
            I agree it would be great if DVDFab could do DV - and save same in mkv output.
            eac3to.exe Movie.m2ts 1: bl.hevc 2: el.hevc 3: audio.ac3 -core -640
            mp4muxer_64bits.exe --dv-profile 5 -i bl.hevc -i el.hevc -i audio.ac3 --media-lang eng -o DV-Movie.mp4

Check this thread about Atmos, I don't know if it changed. https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18602
            I don't use Atmos so I haven't kept up to date on it, sorry.

Yeah, I experienced that issue with Knives Out. The movie is chopped up into multiple .m2ts files. I spent so many hours trying with DVDfab, nothing worked. I didn't try MP4Muxer because I didn't know how it would work because I'd have to combine MP4 files at the end. But I have tried with Transformers, Godzilla, Joker, and Alita Battle Angel, they all work great. They all have the movie as one .m2ts though. Also, you do need the complete Blu-ray folder, it never works if I try it on a remuxed .mkv.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              Attached. I tried three movies with DV, Joker, Knives Out, and 1917.

All of the DVDFab files failed to play correctly on my TV, they were just garbled.
              For Joker, I was able to make a perfectly working version myself using Dolby's MP4Muxer. I was not able to make a working version of Knives Out, and I was able to make a working version of 1917.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 0tr View Post
                Attached. I tried three movies with DV, Joker, Knives Out, and 1917.

All of the DVDFab files failed to play correctly on my TV, they were just garbled.
                For Joker, I was able to make a perfectly working version myself using Dolby's MP4Muxer. I was not able to make a working version of Knives Out, and I was able to make a working version of 1917.
                I have passed the information and log files to our developer, I will update you when there is news.

Comment

Working...
                X