Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mission Impossible: Fallout (AUS) Single Layer Dolby Vision rip does not playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Impossible: Fallout (AUS) Single Layer Dolby Vision rip does not playback

Hi there,
    I have tried this a number of times but while the conversion process succeeds the file proved does not playback on my iMac Pro using IINA or on my AppleTV $K using Infuse on a LG Dolby Vision TV... other recent rips such as Daniel Craig Bond movie UHD rips work fine plus all other Mission Impossible UHD DV discs are fine.

I run DVDFab using Window10 with BOOTCAMP on my iMac Pro as single layer Dobly Vision in the Mac version of DVDFab never produces a via media file.

Here is the media info for the file:

Code:
    General
    Complete name : /Volumes/BOOTCAMP/Users/pgorman/Documents/DVDFab11/Video/Video/MISSION IMPOSSIBLE FALLOUT/Mission Impossible- Fallout.theatrical.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
    Codec ID : mp42 (mp42/isom/dby1)
    File size : 51.3 GiB
    Duration : 2h 27mn
    Overall bit rate : 49.8 Mbps
    Movie name : Mission: Impossible - Fallout
    Performer : Christopher McQuarrie
    Performer/Sorted by : Christopher McQuarrie
    Genre : Action & Adventure
    Description : When an IMF mission ends badly, the world is faced with dire consequences. As Ethan Hunt takes it upon himself to fulfill his original briefing, the CIA begin to question his loyalty and his motives. The IMF team find themselves in a race against time, hunted by assassins while trying to prevent a global catastrophe.
    Recorded date : 2018
    Encoded date : UTC 2020-05-09 04:16:43
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-05-09 05:21:01
    Writing application : DVDFab 11.0.8.6
    Cover : Yes
    Title/Sort : Mission: Impossible - Fallout
    LongDescription : When an IMF mission ends badly, the world is faced with dire consequences. As Ethan Hunt takes it upon himself to fulfill his original briefing, the CIA begin to question his loyalty and his motives. The IMF team find themselves in a race against time, hunted by assassins while trying to prevent a global catastrophe.

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    HDR format : Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU
    Codec ID : dvhe
    Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding with Dolby Vision
    Bit rate : 61.5 Mbps
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) fps
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.309
    Stream size : 63.4 GiB
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-05-09 05:20:57
    Codec configuration box : hvcC+dvcC

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Codec ID : ac-3
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 472 MiB (1%)
    Title : English (ac3 5.1)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Alternate group : 1
    Tagged date : UTC 2020-05-09 05:20:58
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DrPaul; 05-10-2020, 06:48 AM.

Logs
    Attached Files

Comment

Do you mean that this issue is specific with this movie Mission Impossible: Fallout (AUS)? We've tried other movie before, could not reproduce the issue.
      Please use Copy-main movie mode to output several chapters, and then use the chapter copy as source to convert to single layer Dolby Vision to see the result. If got the same issue, please send us this chapter copy, thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Mona,
        Yes, the issue is limited to this particular movie and I have converted over 100 DV discs.

Converting to a Copy-Main Movie and then converting that worked. I had to disable the web optimisation as that caused it to fail.
        Why would that make a difference? Disc access to slow or something like that? Too much error correcting?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X