UHD Copy Mac 11.0.8.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy Mac 11.0.8.6

Unable to copy Batman Begins (4k) copy will go to 99% then program freezes. .iso img created is not usable. Log attached
    Attached Files

We will try to reproduce the issue first.
    Do you have the same issue with other UHD movies?

Comment

The Dark Knight same results Log attached
      Attached Files

Comment

Mary Poppins Returns 4k Logs attached same results goes to 99% then stops
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the info, we reproduced the issue, the developer will need to look into it.

Comment

Still having problems cloning 4k disk
            feedbck ID 8559010

Comment

Mona,

Up until yesterday I have not been able to clone or rip a 4k disk. All together about 8 disk failed. I always used the latest version of DVDFab for Mac and the bluRay player is a BH16NS55 with FW 1.02.

The same thing would happen with each disk. If I tried to clone, the process would go to 99% then freeze. I could let it sit for one hour of overnight for 8 hours but the end result was the same. The resulting .iso image was not usable. I could not create a mkv version from the .iso image or play the .iso image in a player on my computer. If I tried to rip the disk I would get an immediate failure.

BUT like I said this was until yesterday. I stumbled upon a solution.

In the past I would do the following and I used this same sequence doing 3D disk and never had a problem.

Prior to yesterday to do 4k or 3D disk I would startup the DVDFab app. Set my preference to clone or rip the disk then insert disk into player and let DVDFab do its thing. This worked without a problem for 3D disk BUT 4k disk always failed.

So what changed why can I now clone/rip 4k disk.

In the past when I cloned a 4k disk after it froze at 99% I would eject the disk and quit the DVDFab app. I had no other choice but to Force close the DVDFab app it was unresponsive.

But yesterday when I tried to clone the Jurassic 4k disk the app again froze at 99% but I did not eject the disk. But I still had to Force quite the app. When I restarted the DVDFab app the app started to almost immediately (2-4 sec) analyzing the 4k disk. When the analyzing stopped I set my preference to rip mkv pass-through. Hit start and it worked no failure I ended with a perfect mkv rip of the disk.

After doing the rip I again tried the clone process BUT I first quite the DVDFab app inserted the disk into the player waited until the disk was recognized by the MAC then started up DVDFab app. I set my preference to Clone for an .iso image about 1 1/2 hours later I had a successful clone First for a 4k disk.

I tried this same process on 3 other 4k disk all resulting in a successful clone or rip of the 4k disk.

Summary:

For me I'm running a MAC OS 10.12.6 with DVDFab version 11.0.8.6

I must first insert disk into player wait till disk is recognized by the MAC.

Start DVDFab app

Select my preferences

Results in a successful operation.

IF I want to clone then rip the same 4k disk I must quite DVDFab app between process to get satisfactory results. This is because the disk is ejected once the first process is completed so I have to reinsert disk and if the app is running I will not get a successful process.

I hope this all makes sense.

THpierce

Comment

Working...
              X