Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MP4 Dolby Vision - No HD audio - Confirmation that this is correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper MP4 Dolby Vision - No HD audio - Confirmation that this is correct?

I have tried to get the Dolby Vision to rip to M2TS and the MP4. Dolby Vision will not rip to M2TS at all no matter what option I check (already in another thread) but will "copy" the Atmos track.

Using the MP4 passthrough I get HDR10 and Atmos no DV. Using the MP4 Dolby profile I get the Dolby Vision but no Atmos or HD track, which is my question here.

Please confirm that you cant get the HD track on the MP4 or get the Dolby Vision on the M2TS.

We need the HD audio for the MP4 Dolby Vision please.

Thanks

From what we found, the MP4 is not open for truehd audio. Atoms == better truehd.
    What we saw at the time was that no TV could play Dolby vision video and Dolby truehd / atoms audio simultaneously.
    Do you find such devices?

Comment

When will DVDFAB For MAC support ripping Dolby Vision?

Comment

I have an Nvidia shield tv pro (2020) (previous HTPC) and both do the DV and atmos passthrough. I have it attached to my Denon h6300x via hdmi. I switched to the 2020 shield as it handles the DV and atmos and upscales very nicely.

I only rip to highest quality as I do not need mobile (smaller file size for travel) as everything is transcoded in the hardware I use during those longer mobile rides.

I understand that MP4 is the only container that supports the DV and I have no problem using that for the DV as long as it contains the atmos/dts x soundtrack.

If it comes natively that way on the disc, I know you can add the "theater" DV/Atmos/DTS X mp4 profile.

I would love that as well as many others and it only makes sense to those with a home theater system.

To address your question as to tvs being able to play DV/ATmos simultaneously, my tvs that are not hooked up to receiver/soundbar transcodes atmos. To those tvs, they are not my primary viewing so I dont care if it transcodes the atmos. Since my tvs dont support Atmos anyway I cant confirm or deny weather it will or will not play both at the same time.

Thanks for your time

Comment

DV was added to the MKV spec!!!! Yea for us. Now we need to be patient for you to implement a new DV MKV Profile!!

And my Sony XBR x950h will play DV and Atmos at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X