UHD Newbie: Setting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Drive Tool UHD Newbie: Setting Up

OK, I have two drives in my main PC: an Asus BC-12B1ST b & a BW-16D1HT (no suffix). Running the drive tool (purchased) shows that the former has firmware 1.00 & can't be downgraded (I'll have to pull it to see what the manufacture date is); it also won't read UHD discs. The latter, however, will read & is currently at firmware 3.02. The tool offers me the choice to downgrade to either 3.00 or 3.01. Which would be recommended?

3.10mk

Comment

I don't have the option for a 3.10; did you mean 3.01?

Comment

nope i mean 3.10 mk look it up
        has a Signiant amount of fixes in it from LG the people who make the asus drive

Comment

OK, I found the version & upgraded my drive. And was able to do a full-disc UHD test rip. The FW zip also included a version for the BC-12B1ST b, but unless there another way to tell, I'll need to pull it and see if it's a 2015+ model.

Also, backup options: For triple-layered originals, Main Movie burned to a BDR-50? Reasons I'm assuming: 1) my Sony UBP-X800M2 player's manual states that it won't play BDXL discs; 2) even if it could, these are still quite expensive.

Comment

Update: After flashing the drive to 3.10mk, both Fab & PassKey keep complaining (on startup) that my drive is not "backup-friendly."

Comment

but yet it works
              they just have some firmwares blacklisted they dont know it has been reenabled and is better

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
                Update: After flashing the drive to 3.10mk, both Fab & PassKey keep complaining (on startup) that my drive is not "backup-friendly."
                Hello, sorry for the trouble, please send us the Passkey log file and the dvdfab_internal log file from DVDFab 12 for troubleshooting.

Comment

Here ya go....
                  Attached Files

Comment

File received. I've passed it to the developer.

Comment

Has there been any update on the log file? If not, I'm still pondering backup media options. Now, I did succeed in getting Fab to do a Full-Disc rip, of a triple-layer disc, in my BW-16D1HT (end result of about 96GB). So, I thought I might, at least, grab a BD-XL for a test. That is, until I saw the price of about $18US/each. That's more than I payed for the original movie! But then again, my brand-new Sony 4K deck's manual states that it doesn't play BD-XL (do any?). However, I picked up a small spindle of BD-R DL (still not entirely cheap) for some tryouts.

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
                        The 3.10mk version is not supported by DVDFab.

Comment

OK, I only took the advice of that other fella who suggested it. Should I downgrade to 3.00 or 3.01?

Comment

Please downgrade it to 3.00. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X