MKV passthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV passthrough

So having issues with converting UHD to mkv passthrough. The issue in particular is one movie The Equalizer. I can't get forced subs to play. The only way was to open up the mkv with mkvtoolnix and mark the forced subtitle as yes and start multiplexing. This works. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong. What is the difference between show forced subtitles and show forced and normal subtitles. I've tried both but same result.

"show forced subtitles" means only those translation subs for foreign speakings will show up during the playback.
    "show forced and normal subtitles" means all the subtitles available in the subtitle stream including both regular subtitles and forced subtitles will display for playback.

What is the play used for viewing the MKV file?
    Please post the dvdfab_internal log file as well. Thanks.

Comment

I'm using Zidoo Z9X player. Here is the logs. I choose MKV passthru . Subtitles choose English (all of them ) then click on show forced subtitles, forced only scan subtitles
      Attached Files

Comment

DVDFab 11.1.0.7 (2020/10/19 16:33:23) (X64)
        The last info was with an old version and the time was not up-to-date. Please check C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Log to locate the log file again. Thanks.

Comment

Oops Sorry
          Here you go.
          Attached Files

Comment

Which program do I use to convert mkv. back to Blu-ray or UHD folder including Dolby True HD / Atmos ???

Comment

I have a mkv. file with Dolby True HD/Atmos how do I convert this to Blu-ray or UHD?
              Dolby True HD / Atmos sound should be preserved?

Comment

Originally posted by UHD 50GB View Post
                I have a mkv. file with Dolby True HD/Atmos how do I convert this to Blu-ray or UHD?
                Dolby True HD / Atmos sound should be preserved?
                You can use Blu-ray Creator / UHD Creator to convert the MKV file to Blu-ray / UHD, the Dolby True HD / Atmos sound will be preserved.

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
                  Oops Sorry
                  Here you go.
                  Thanks, we will check.

UPDATE:
                  Please confirm whether you have put the tiny triangle button in front of the subtitle that contains the forced subtitle.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	661
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	391833

Comment

Yes I have done as indicated above. Found the correct subtitle track which is #2. Choose it then choose show forced subtitles only. Still does not work. But if I open in mkvtoolnix and mark it as forced and multiplex then works as advertised.
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

You can use Blu-ray Creator / UHD Creator to convert the MKV file to Blu-ray / UHD, the Dolby True HD / Atmos sound will be preserved.
                      But when the mkv. File has multiple audio tracks, cannot the audio track be selected?

Comment

But when the mkv. File has multiple audio tracks, cannot the audio track be selected?
                        The refresh rate of 23,976 is also incorrectly converted, namely to an incorrect 29,970

Comment

Please start a new thread to report your issue, as it is not related to this topic, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
                            Yes I have done as indicated above. Found the correct subtitle track which is #2. Choose it then choose show forced subtitles only. Still does not work. But if I open in mkvtoolnix and mark it as forced and multiplex then works as advertised.
                            Thanks
                            Thank you for your confirmation, I will pass it to the developer again.

Comment

Working...
                            X