Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD to MKV

Hi
    I know there is an option to convert UHD to MKV with MKV passthru keeping Dolby Vision. But is there anyway to compress as well? The only option I see is to use MP4 which I don't want to use as I have issues with force subtitles not working properly. I could probably use DVDFAB to compress to iso say 25GB or 50GB then convert that to mkv but wondering if I was missing some settings. That would allow me to put in a target size.
    Thanks

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
    Hi
    I know there is an option to convert UHD to MKV with MKV passthru keeping Dolby Vision. But is there anyway to compress as well? The only option I see is to use MP4 which I don't want to use as I have issues with force subtitles not working properly. I could probably use DVDFAB to compress to iso say 25GB or 50GB then convert that to mkv but wondering if I was missing some settings. That would allow me to put in a target size.
    Thanks
    try using UHD ripper - https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/4k-media/4k-vs-uhd

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      Yes that's what I am using.

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post

Yes that's what I am using.
        do you see the wrench icon on the screen ?? click on that to get into the advance settings,
        for video compression control.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

do you see the wrench icon on the screen ?? click on that to get into the advance settings,
          for video compression control.
          Yes thanks, for instance when click a profile if I choose 4K, DV, h265 and 10bit. there is no option for format other than MP4 if I want to compress. Other than that there is 4K passthru.

Comment

Also if I use MKV passthru do I need to bother checking off Dolby Vision, 4k etc. or it is automatic that whatever is in the original is in the MKV?
            Thanks

Comment

You have to use the mp4,h265, dolbyvison profile.

then check off the copy video
              select h265
              set slider to your preference.

The passthroughs are useless.

I want DV/DA but nothing works. the above profile with the web checked using Either copy video or H265, Media info shows DV/DA but will not play DA audio through my Shield pro tv hdmi to Denon receiver.

Comment

Working...
              X