Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Auto cropping suddenly not working right

Hi all,

I have 2 unusual problems that I've never previously encountered. Recently my NAS drive blew up so I'm having to re-rip alot of my UHD discs. Went to watch one last night and something looked odd and then some text on the screen was chopped off and it dawned on me that the video height had been cropped.

I've never changed cropping settings in DVDFab or any other app for that matter over the years, they have always just worked. But anyways, I just put the disc back in and when left to auto crop it's cropping the video from 3840x2160 to 3840x1600 even though it's a full frame image.

If I use the edit video option I can preview it and see it doing it when set to auto. Any ideas why?

Also, I am recoding some other UHD files that have already been ripped (through the Video Converter part) and no matter which video I use, which source or destination, the program gets to exactly 21% and then the FPS slowly drops to 0 and it eventually fails. I only mention this in case it's related.

Other apps are able to recode the same file without issue (albeit slowly). Also I get this outcome with the Video Converter whether I recode both the video and the audio, or just the audio.

Thanks

Please specify the UHD movie disc you have tried.

About the freeze at 21% problem, please check if there is a driver update available for your graphics card, do the update to try again.

We will need the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file to check the above two problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      Please specify the UHD movie disc you have tried.

About the freeze at 21% problem, please check if there is a driver update available for your graphics card, do the update to try again.

We will need the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file to check the above two problems.
      Thanks Mona, it happens with every disc (the auto cropping issue) but the example above was Star Trek Into Darkness 2013. Also to clarify, I ripped this movie (the exact disc) last year on the same drive/machine and had no issues. The graphics driver was updated on the 29th April so maybe I'll try downgrading it and seeing what happens.

The freezing problem is bizarre as I cannot see anything in the logs that suggests an error but I have attached them both for you anyway. Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by peejay1977; 05-17-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Just to add I've been playing around with this. Downgrading the graphics driver all the way back to last year didn't help when converting an MKV file (4K HDR H265) but it turns out it appears to not be the video part it's struggling with but the audio.

The video stream is 3840x2160 10bit HEVC and if I tell DVDFab to recode the video but NOT the audio it works just fine.

The audio stream is TrueHD/Atmos 7.1 and I am trying to convert it to DTS 5.1 as this gives me the best quality on playback on my sound system. Regardless of which output codec I use (DTS/AC3 etc) I get the same issue it stops at 21/22% and eventually fails.

I have tried several video files and they all exhibit the same behaviour and all have TrueHD 7.1 audio.

It's worth adding that if I rip a 4K HDR bluray disc and ask it to recode the video and the TrueHD 7.1 audio to DTS it works just fine so it's only happening in the video converter module.

Comment

We are unable to duplicate the freeze at 21/22% issue. Maybe you can send us a short source to help test it?

Comment

Working...
          X