Chaos Walking Won't Rip Correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Chaos Walking Won't Rip Correctly

Trying to rip Chaos Walking but the audio becomes out of sync after the 2nd or 3rd title track. It defaults to playlist 00000 and I tried that but some frames are garbled although playlist 00523 which was recommended on a competitors forum to be the correct playlist but then the audio gets out of sync from the video. The disc structure has a lot of dummy playlists in it and I don't know which is the correct one. I'm including my log file from the session to help you out but it says that it exceeds the size limit so it's linked to my dropbox and you can download it from there. FILE.

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
    Trying to rip Chaos Walking but the audio becomes out of sync after the 2nd or 3rd title track. It defaults to playlist 00000 and I tried that but some frames are garbled although playlist 00523 which was recommended on a competitors forum to be the correct playlist but then the audio gets out of sync from the video. The disc structure has a lot of dummy playlists in it and I don't know which is the correct one. I'm including my log file from the session to help you out but it says that it exceeds the size limit so it's linked to my dropbox and you can download it from there. FILE.
    for the audio out of sync issue, you could try going into common settings - av codec - and switch everything to software
    restart dvdfab and retry playlist 00523 and see if you still get the audio out of sync issue.

another one to try is 00535
    Last edited by october262; 06-07-2021, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

for the audio out of sync issue, you could try going into common settings - av codec - and switch everything to software
      restart dvdfab and retry playlist 00523 and see if you still get the audio out of sync issue.

another one to try is 00535
      Software will take a very long time. I did try playlist 00535 but the sequences were out of order. Is there no other option?

Comment

Software will take a very long time. I did try playlist 00535 but the sequences were out of order. Is there no other option?
        are you trying to do full disc or main movie ?? have you tried clone mode ??

Comment

are you trying to do full disc or main movie ?? have you tried clone mode ??
          I don't have the full suite, I only have UHD Ripper and I'm only ripping the movie, not the full disc.

Comment

I don't have the full suite, I only have UHD Ripper and I'm only ripping the movie, not the full disc.
            may want to post the dvdfab internal log files and let the developers solve it

Comment

may want to post the dvdfab internal log files and let the developers solve it
              Yeah I have linked to it on my Dropbox because it wouldn't let me upload it because it said it was too big of a file. Hopefully they'll accept it that way. It's in the OP.

Comment

From the log file, you were using profile "MKV.4K.HDR10.H265.10Bit", did you try to use another profile?

Please post the BDinfo and upload the source file to us.
                C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\BDInfo

Also, open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site.
                I will send you FTP info via Forum PM. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

From the log file, you were using profile "MKV.4K.HDR10.H265.10Bit", did you try to use another profile?

Please post the BDinfo and upload the source file to us.
                  C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\BDInfo

Also, open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site.
                  I will send you FTP info via Forum PM. Thank you.
                  I didn't have a BDInfo file in that directory but I do have the BDInfo software and I scanned the disc with it and generated the report and copied it to a text file and included it. All files Except for the Stream directory zipped up and uploaded per your request. It's under the name CHAOS_WALKING.zip.

Comment

Okay, we will download and check. Thank you.

Comment

I was reading some things on a competitors website that ScreenPass was used. Don’t know how valid that is but it’s worth checking into I guess. Anyways I used M**keM*V on playlist 00523.mpls and it ripped fine and the audio and video was synced just fine. I really really don't like using it because it just does a straight rip and does no compression whatsoever. Needless to say it's evidently an encryption that wasn't addressed correctly or not yet.

Just so you know. I'm hoping you all get it sorted so I can re-rip it with you guys' UHD Ripper.
                      Last edited by AcIDc0r3; 06-09-2021, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the info, I have passed the file to the developer. Please kindly wait.

Comment

So I decided to backup the disc using M*keMK* since it properly decrypted it and ripped it to file using 00523.mpls and used it to decrypt the backup too. Next I used DVDFab to rip that 00523.mpls playlist and it's still out of sync for some reason. I don't understand this??? Is DVDFab not processing properly because when I use M*keMK* it decodes and rips it just fine but the file is like almost 60GB which is unacceptable which is why I despise using M*keMK*, I absolutely hate it. Anyways here's another log file to give to the devs.

NOTE: The log that Chaos Walking makes exceeds the maximum file size allowed to upload on here. It's a clean log with only Chaos Walking. SUGGESTION: Increase your allowed file size so files like this one created can be uploaded. It's 827K and you only accept 600K so please increase your upload size limit.

Link to FILE

Comment

Mona I did try other profiles too and they didn't seem to work either. None of the MP4 profiles would work so I tried the m2ts profile and it's still out of sync. I also tried passthrough and it's out of sync as well. From the log file it looks like it may be decrypting it wrong so then when I go to rip it the audio and video is out of sync. It's creating a whole lot of redundant out of sync entries in the log file, that's why it's so oversized.

Hope you guys can fix it so I can rip it. I want to get rid of the M*ke*KV file even though it's a good rip because the file size it almost 60GB.

Comment

Mona Any progress on this?

Comment

Working...
                              X