Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Automatic calculation of height and resolution

Hello everybody,

I am a tv series uploader and I have a problem with dvdfab which makes me waste a lot of time.

I specify that I have been a user for a long time and that I have purchased various licenses on 9 devices.

Now I'll give you an example of what my team and I do during the day:

I download a 4K MKV tv series and this series I have to convert it to 360p, 1080p, 2k and 4K MP4.

With dvdfab I have to manually make all the settings related to the resolutions.

If a TV series has a resolution of 3840x1600, then the resolutions will be like this:
    360p: 640x267
    1080p: 1920x800
    2K: 2560x1067
    4K: 3840x1600

If, on the other hand, I download a 4K TV series with a resolution of 3840x2160, then the resolutions will be like this:
    360p: 640x360
    1080p: 1920x1080
    2K: 2560x1440
    4K: 3840x2160

Every time I have to calculate the resolution and manually change the values ​​in dvdfab, this takes us a lot of time as TV series have dozens of episodes.

There are tons of conversion software that allows you to set a fixed width and then calculate the height based on the file.

If this functionality could be implemented, I could create 4 preset profiles and avoid making all the resolution settings.

You should insert a rule in which you can set the fixed width and then calculate the height based on the resolution of the file.

Many other conversion software support this feature, will it be possible to find it here in dvdfab too?

It would save my team a LOT of TIME.

Thank you in advance.

I don’t believe they will do anything to make possible? PIRACY any easier

Comment

Originally posted by Procat View Post
      I don’t believe they will do anything to make possible? PIRACY any easier
      This is not about piracy, we are a company that takes care of this for a private client.

However, the example I gave is a program feature that should be there since many conversion software have it.

The speech of piracy as well as being false I also consider it a speech for teenagers, here we talk about software and its features.

Comment

Originally posted by Mariociao View Post
        Hello everybody,

I am a tv series uploader and I have a problem with dvdfab which makes me waste a lot of time.

I specify that I have been a user for a long time and that I have purchased various licenses on 9 devices.

Now I'll give you an example of what my team and I do during the day:

I download a 4K MKV tv series and this series I have to convert it to 360p, 1080p, 2k and 4K MP4.

With dvdfab I have to manually make all the settings related to the resolutions.

If a TV series has a resolution of 3840x1600, then the resolutions will be like this:
        360p: 640x267
        1080p: 1920x800
        2K: 2560x1067
        4K: 3840x1600

If, on the other hand, I download a 4K TV series with a resolution of 3840x2160, then the resolutions will be like this:
        360p: 640x360
        1080p: 1920x1080
        2K: 2560x1440
        4K: 3840x2160

Every time I have to calculate the resolution and manually change the values ​​in dvdfab, this takes us a lot of time as TV series have dozens of episodes.

There are tons of conversion software that allows you to set a fixed width and then calculate the height based on the file.

If this functionality could be implemented, I could create 4 preset profiles and avoid making all the resolution settings.

You should insert a rule in which you can set the fixed width and then calculate the height based on the resolution of the file.

Many other conversion software support this feature, will it be possible to find it here in dvdfab too?

It would save my team a LOT of TIME.

Thank you in advance.
        dvdfab already has a custom profile option that allows you to make your own profile
        and save it for future use - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvdfab12.htm

Comment

Hello everybody,

Why are you addressing everybody? Not everyone here develops this software. This is something you need to request HERE that way the developers can see it and possibly make it happen.

Comment

Working...
          X