No announcement yet.

Extreamly slow Frame Rate Ripping 4K Movies since upgrading to Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Extreamly slow Frame Rate Ripping 4K Movies since upgrading to Windows 11

Good Day, after upgrading to Windows 11, the frame rate processing continually drops to single digit frame processing on Ripping 4K movies. Is this a know issue? I have updated DVDfab to the latest release and have also tried two different disc readers.

Please provide the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file for troubleshooting. Thank you.

Comment

The requested logs are attached. I upgraded to Windows 11 on Tuesday October 5th. After that ripping 4K files became impossible. Besides the low frame rate of conversion, I have also been encountering a large amount of read errors. I have 2, 4K readers, both are experiencing numerous read errors where I was not receiving them before the Windows 11 upgrade.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have passed your feedback and the log file to the developer.

Comment

Thank you, just some additional information, I have also updated DVDFab to the latest release. 12.0.5 and have applied all available patches to Windows 11.

Comment

Originally posted by plambert7800 View Post
            Thank you, just some additional information, I have also updated DVDFab to the latest release. 12.0.5 and have applied all available patches to Windows 11.
            We could not duplicate the slow conversion issue.
            For the read error issue, please use Copy- Clone mode to create an iso copy, and then use the iso as a source to convert again to see the result.

Comment

I have tried the Copy-Clone mode as well to create an ISO copy, but I still get multiple read errors on 4K discs. I can read Blu-ray discs just fine. I have read that Windows 11 does have some thread issues and issues with AMD processors. This issue of ripping 4K discs didn't start until I upgraded to Windows 11, so perhaps it is how Windows 11 handles the reading of the disc. Just to make sure it wasn't just isolated to an upgrade to Windows 11, I have since performed a fresh install of Windows 11 from scratch, no upgrade, and still getting the same issues with two different 4K players. Once the frame rate drops below 20 frames a second, the rip usually fails. At his point, I will postpone ripping 4K discs until Microsoft issues another round of patches to see if that resolves the issue.

Comment

Working...
              X