LG WH16NS60 downgraded with MakeMKV firmware - dvdfab says no go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG WH16NS60 downgraded with MakeMKV firmware - dvdfab says no go

I purchased an LG WH16NS60 drive, and successfully downgraded the firmware with those specified by the MakeMKV folks following their instructions and recommended downgradng tools and am successfully able to use the drive to rip with the makemkv software - meaning the drive is now "friendly" and accessible. However, all the DVDFab software is reporting the drive is not accessible due to the firmware and not friendly. So does the DVDfab software only look at the firmware version, or does it actually attempt to access the drive?

Further, MakeMKV can act as a driver (in the same way that DVDPasskey acts in-between for decryption), however despite telling MakeMKV to be system-wide available, the DVDFab software is either ignoring it entirely and/or looking only at the firmware version.

Please consider:
    • Enabing the DVDFab software components to play nice with the MakeMKV UHD library which would enable already-downgraded firmware to work.
    • Looking at the UHD drive contents (attempt to read) and not only rely on checking the firmware version

Hello, thank you for posting, I have passed your request to the developer in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by rog View Post
      So does the DVDfab software only look at the firmware version, or does it actually attempt to access the drive?
      I don't know what DVDFab is looking at...

I got a new drive, flashed it using the MAKEMKV instructions and their patched 1.02 firmware. DVDFab gave me the same error that it wasn't a "friendly" drive. I reflashed using DVDFab's Drive Tool, which took it to v1.00. MakeMKV and Passkey both worked but rip speed was limited. I reflashed the using the MakeMKV instructions and their 1.02, now both work, and rip speed is not limited.
      Last edited by KidJoe; 01-18-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X