PS5 playback errors on UHD discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS5 playback errors on UHD discs

Hello, I have been trying to do full disc copies from a BD66/BD100 compressed to BD50. The copies play back on my Xbox Series X but on my PS5 there are some strange playback issues that differ depending on if I use CUDA or Intel QuickSync

This only happens when using hardware accelerated encoding, I have tried both CUDA and Intel QuickSync
    On CUDA encoded discs there is a green bar across the top of the screen and the colors are washed out. Playing the same disc on my Xbox Series X there was a green bar during some of the trailers but the main feature played correctly with no green bar and correct colors. I also had the same issues on Spider-Man 2002 and Back to the Future Part 2

On Intel Quick Sync encoded discs they play perfect on my Xbox Series X, no green bars and proper colors. On my PS5 I have gotten different errors depending on what movie I copy. Uncharted the colors were correct but the image was a slide show only updating the image every couple of seconds. The audio plays perfectly so I know the disc is not skipping and also plays correctly on my Series X

On Back to the Future Part 2 the audio is also fine on the PS5 but the image plays for about half a second, pauses and turns into a pixilated white blob and repeats, this disc also played correctly on my Series X

Here are some YouTube videos showing the issue in action

I have attached my logs from my CUDA computer as well as my IQS computer and here is a link to pictures I took

I also copies Uncharted using software decode and encode and that disc played correctly on my PS5 but it took 2 days to encode
    I also tried using software decoding and hardware encoding but got the same results as when I did hardware decode and hardware encode

Both my Series X and PS5 are connected to the same TV it is a Samsung 4k HDR TV, I do not have the exact model on hand
    Attached Files

Thank you for posting, I have passed the info to the QA team, they will run some tests.

Comment

any news about it? i have same issues with nvidia CUDA

Comment

Originally posted by arkamaden View Post
        any news about it? i have same issues with nvidia CUDA
        I also downloaded the trial version of CloneBD and had the same issue using CUDA, didn't try QuickSync though on CloneBD

Comment

I tried again with 12.0.7.4 but still get the same errors, here are logs from the new version
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X