No announcement yet.

UHD Dolby Vision Color Space issue with 12.0.9.1 and Plex playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper UHD Dolby Vision Color Space issue with 12.0.9.1 and Plex playback

I've been trying to rip my copies of The Batman (2022) and Minions Rise of Gru (2022) UHD discs and keep getting an error on Plex when trying to play them back. The error is "File is unplayable. Color space is not supported".
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-13 144538.jpg Views:	0 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	417695

This issue started after updating to 12.0.9.1.
    I was using the MP4.DolbyVision Profile for the rips.

I will go back to 12.0.8.9 and test again, but that version had an issue with playback on Plex as well, but that error seemed more like a Cinavia error where playback would stop after 1hr. I would have to restart playback and scrub to where it stopped playing and it would play for another hour, then quit playing. This error only happened on The Batman (2022) for me. I haven't tested other Dolby Vision titles yet.

I will attach my internal log and mediainfo information for both movies to this post.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Last edited by FQs19; 11-13-2022, 07:59 PM. Reason: added what Profile was used

Downgraded to 12.0.8.9 and re-ran the rip for both movies.
    Only The Batman finished. Minions Rise of Gru threw a read error.
    The Batman has the same error as 12.0.9.1, where Plex will not read the file and state a problem with the color space.

I'm attaching the mediainfo information for The Batman from 12.0.8.9 and the internal logs from that rip.

Not really sure what's going on at this point. I made sure that I chose the correct MP4.DolbyVision profile and that Web Optimized was checked.
    I'll try one more time with Web Optimized un-checked and see if the file is readable.
    Attached Files

Comment

I will pass the info to the developer, let's see if they can find out something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        I will pass the info to the developer, let's see if they can find out something.
        Look forward to hearing what they say.

Comment

Working...
        X