Lossles conversion from 2160p to 1080p?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lossles conversion from 2160p to 1080p?

Hi, not sure if this is the right place to pose this question, but here goes . . .

My wife and I purchased the new UHD release of the old 1953 sci-fi movie, Invaders from Mars, for her father. We didn't realize that we had purchased only the 2160p version (the 1080p version is sold separately).

My father-in-law only has a 1080p blu-ray player and 1080p tv (his two PCs are also only 1080p).

Can I convert (downscale?) the 2160p to 1080p without loss of quality? If so, which dvdfab product would I want to use to this?

Or, what other program/app/software would you recommend I use to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Originally posted by JLB2 View Post
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place to pose this question, but here goes . . .

My wife and I purchased the new UHD release of the old 1953 sci-fi movie, Invaders from Mars, for her father. We didn't realize that we had purchased only the 2160p version (the 1080p version is sold separately).

My father-in-law only has a 1080p blu-ray player and 1080p tv (his two PCs are also only 1080p).

Can I convert (downscale?) the 2160p to 1080p without loss of quality? If so, which dvdfab product would I want to use to this?

Or, what other program/app/software would you recommend I use to do this?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    It would be cheaper to just get the 1080p version of the movie. Depending on where you got it you might be able to do an exchange. If you got it online, probably not.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was able to down-convert everything without problem.

Comment

Working...
      X