UHD Player Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy UHD Player Fails

Recently, I ripped a bunch of UHD discs using "Main Movie." That part was successful. Then, I burned each one to a Verbatim BD-R DL. Also, w/o a hitch. The problem arose when I tried to play them in my stand-alone UHD/BR player, a Sony UBP-X800M2. They'd all load, the TV screen would blank, then they drop back to the player's main menu. This happened w/ every single one. Now, it could've been the batch of media. But they're all exactly the same type that I've used in the past. And were all burned, w/ ImgBurn, in an ASUS BW-16D1HT (these discs all play in my computer, BTW). Any idea(s)?

Can you tell us a bit more about what settings you used in DVDFab? What output mode did you choose (Advanced Settings - Output drop down)? Was it your intention to burn them as 4KUHD video on a BDR? Will your standalone player accept 4KUHD video on a BDR? Did you have DVDFab create a menu?

Comment

Originally posted by Madness View Post
      Recently, I ripped a bunch of UHD discs using "Main Movie." That part was successful. Then, I burned each one to a Verbatim BD-R DL. Also, w/o a hitch. The problem arose when I tried to play them in my stand-alone UHD/BR player, a Sony UBP-X800M2. They'd all load, the TV screen would blank, then they drop back to the player's main menu. This happened w/ every single one. Now, it could've been the batch of media. But they're all exactly the same type that I've used in the past. And were all burned, w/ ImgBurn, in an ASUS BW-16D1HT (these discs all play in my computer, BTW). Any idea(s)?
      how fast did you burn the discs ?? try burning at 4x speed.

Comment

I came across the following in the operating manual for your player - maybe it has something to do with your issue?

Enjoying 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
        1 Prepare for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray playback.
        • Connect the player to a TV that supports 4K 60p using a Premium High Speed HDMI Cable that supports 18 Gbps bandwidth (not supplied).
        • If you are using BRAVIA TV, adjust the TV’s “HDMI signal format” setting. For details, refer to the TV’s instruction manual.
        2 Insert a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc. The operation method differs depending on the disc. Refer to the instruction manual supplied with the disc.

When playing a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with no disc key, it may require network connection depending on the network environment and official key server (Studio).​

Comment

Working...
        X