This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Copy "Jerky" playback

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. I have ripped 4 UHD discs with UHD Copy. The rip process works fine. I am not compressing the movies, keeping them at original quality. I am splitting the movies into 2 parts. Basically splitting 16 chapters for example and putting the first 8 chapters into a folder and the last 8 chapters in another folder. I have been doing this with regular Blu-ray movies for years.

I then take the folders and put them in ImgBurn and burn the movies onto 2 Dual layer blank discs. 2 out of 4 playback fine on my Panasonic UB820 player. The other 2 have jerky playback throughout the movie. I have 2 Panny UB820 players and both do the same thing. I am using Optical Quantum discs. I have burned hundreds of regular Blu-ray movies with these discs and never had any playback issues.

I have the player set-up properly to play the movies. The original movie plays fine, but the burned copy does not. I'm not sure what is happening when I burn the movie to disc that is causing the jerky playback. I am burning the movies at 2x speed.

Like I said regular Blu-ray movies play fine, but something is going on with these UHD discs after the burn process that I can't figure out. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks

I'm not sure if this helps but this is my operating system:

Dell XPS 8910
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB
    AMD Radeon (TM) RX 560
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

I thought this is worth mentioning, I am unable to play UHD discs on my computer. I installed PowerDVD 22 and it will not play the original movie or the burned one. I don't know if I don't have the right graphics card or not. I think my Processor is sufficient though. I'm not sure if this is why I am having trouble with certain discs? Doesn't seem to make sense that some play fine and some don't.
    Last edited by JT5298; 12-09-2023, 12:09 AM.

Comment

This is a thread from 2019 with the same problem. The issue was solved by downloading a link, but the link is no longer valid. If one of the developers can help I would really appreciate it!

DVDFab Forum - Copying 4k movies to 50 GB blank....The copy stutters and jumps
      Last edited by JT5298; 12-11-2023, 04:09 AM.

Comment

duplicated post:
        Okay, well I'm going to try this. I can take a standard Blu-ray movie and split it in 2 parts, save to a folder and burn to 2 25GB blank dics with no problem. I am not compressing the movie. The burned copy plays flawlessly on my UHD blu-ray player, or standard blu-ray player. When I try to do the same process with a UHD disc

Comment

Working...
        X