No announcement yet.

Problem - no forced subtitles at all in my movies - Version 13.0.1.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Problem - no forced subtitles at all in my movies - Version 13.0.1.6

Hello everyone, I have a problem with forced subtitles and unfortunately I can't get any further with the other threads (because some of them are aimed at very old versions).

Can someone please tell me how I can include the forced subtitles when ripping BD or UHD movies - I mean the subtitles that are normally automatically included when a short scene in the movie is spoken in another language. E.g. several times the case with the “old” movie Lord of War.

It's sometimes very annoying when you can't understand the passages because the subtitles are missing.

I usually rip this with MKV.Passtrough and take all the German (my native language) subtitles with me, unfortunately I didn't get any further with the setting “show forced subtitles”.

Can someone please tell me how to proceed to take the subtitles with me?

Many thanks in advance

Originally posted by Manschgal View Post
    Hello everyone, I have a problem with forced subtitles and unfortunately I can't get any further with the other threads (because some of them are aimed at very old versions).

Can someone please tell me how I can include the forced subtitles when ripping BD or UHD movies - I mean the subtitles that are normally automatically included when a short scene in the movie is spoken in another language. E.g. several times the case with the “old” movie Lord of War.

It's sometimes very annoying when you can't understand the passages because the subtitles are missing.

I usually rip this with MKV.Passtrough and take all the German (my native language) subtitles with me, unfortunately I didn't get any further with the setting “show forced subtitles”.

Many thanks in advance
    see this thread post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...copy-subtitles
    use the "direct render to video" option for for forced subtitles.

Comment

Many thanks in advance
      Passthrough profiles do not support render subtitles.
      Please be sure to mark the option "Scan Forced Subtitles" and tick all the needed subtitle options before you start the conversion.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20240511-164428.png
Views:	254
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	442283

Comment

Ok. Thanks, i unterstand - i choose MP4 H265 4K and now i see the option to render the subtitles in the video. But i can only choose one of them - how do i know which of the 3 germans are the right on? Or why is it not possible to choose more?

Thanks

Comment

Only one subtitle stream can be selected if you want to render subtitles into the video.

Generally speaking, you should not need to manually activate the forced subtitles.

There are 3 different cases for this kind of subtitle:

1> The forced subtitles are embedded into the same subtitle stream along with the normal subtitles;

2> The forced subtitles are in a single subtitle stream;

3> The forced subtitles are not "FORCED SUBTITLE", they are normal subtitles.

You can preview certain subtitle streams to see which stream will you get that English subtitle while speaking "foreign language", you need to choose the correct one under the Subtitle tab.

Comment

Ok. Thanks, i unterstand - i choose MP4 H265 4K and now i see the option to render the subtitles in the video. But i can only choose one of them - how do i know which of the 3 germans are the right on? Or why is it not possible to choose more?

Thanks

The best way I have found to get subtitles working correctly is to use the 'Extract To SRT' option. I no longer use 'Direct Render to Video'.
            I use Plex to view my movies and Plex supports SRT subtitles.

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-02 201226.png
Views:	176
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	445786

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-02 201405.png
Views:	86
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	445787

When you use this option, you can select all of the subtitles to be ripped, then when the rip is complete, just open the individual SRT files using Notepad and confirm which one you want to use.
            If the extracted SRT file has a file size of 0kb then you can delete it, because it is empty.
            When you verify which subtitle you want to use, you need to rename it properly.

This is how DVDFab names an extracted SRT file:
            47 Ronin (2013) - UHD HDR DTSX_eng_4608.srt
            You want to change it to read like this:
            47 Ronin (2013) - UHD HDR DTSX.eng.srt

Remove the underscores and replace them with a period, and remove the numbers.
            So it should read as (Name of Movie you placed in DVDFab).(lanquage abbrevation code).srt
            German's abbrevation language code is de or ger. https://www.science.co.il/language/Codes.php
            If you used my example:
            47 Ronin (2013) - UHD HDR DTSX.ger.srt

This method works so much better. You no longer have to rip a movie multiples times to figure out which subtitle to use.
            Also, when you have the SRT file open in Notepad, you can edit the dialogue for spelling and grammical errors. You'd be surprised on how many errors there are in subtitles.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
            X