No announcement yet.

Quality issues with DVDFab 13.0.2.0 and potentionally prior versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Quality issues with DVDFab 13.0.2.0 and potentionally prior versions

I finally had some time to try different settings on DVDFab UHD ripper to see if my pc components are the problem or if DVDFab software is to blame.
    And, it's the software.

First. There are multiple bugs in the Settings of DVDFab. Some settings will not stick. Restarting DVDFab will undo the previous Settings changes. Like the conversion output settings. So there may be an issue with the Conversion>Convert settings like the memory used, the scale method, etc. So this could be my issue with the Quality of my rips.
    Software engineers need to go in and verify every Setting option to see if it is being applied immediately and if it sticks after restarting the program. This must be a PRIORITY!

Second. For my issue with the Ripper Quality options not working.
    I used the UHD disc Changing Lanes (2002) to do this test.
    I have DVDFab>Settings>Conversion>Convert> as follows:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab settings 01.png
Views:	298
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	445759

Name:	DVDFab settings 02.png
Views:	94
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	445760

I Copied the UHD title as an ISO to my nvme drive at BD100.
    I first Ripped that iso using the MP4.4k.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit profile with High Quality (0.2 bits/pixel), Copy Audio, extract subtitles to SRT​
    It gave me a 8.61GB file with a 11.0 Mb/s bit rate. This file size is WAY TOO small for that Quality as compared to older versions of DVDFab. I should be seeing a 20GB file at least. DVDFab is even predicting a 29711MB file size! What is happening here???

I then Ripped that same iso using the same profile (MP4.4k.DolbyVision.H265.10Bit) with Customized Quality set to 0.15 bits/pixel), Copy Audio, extract subtitles to SRT
    It gave me a 8.61GB file with a 11.0 Mb/s bit rate.
    HUH??
    It's the same file size and bit rate?? There is obviously something seriously wrong with this program when changing Quality settings does nothing.

I will attach the MediaInfo text files for your review.
    I hope someone gets this issue resolved ASAP.

Here are the logs as well.
    It would be nice if you remove the 4 attachment limit.
    Attached Files

Comment

I needed to check my sanity, so I did another test.
      This time I used the UHD from 47 Ronin (2013).
      I made an ISO using BD100 of 47 Ronin (2013) with 13.0.2.0, then Ripped it using the same profile as the older rip of 47 Ronin I already have which used the profile MKV.4k.HDR.H265.10Bit.
      The older rip of 47 Ronin (2013) was ripped using DVDFab version 11.1.0.7.

This is the MediaInfo from my older rip using DVDFab 11.1.0.7:

Name:	Older rip of 47 Ronin using 11.1.0.7.png
Views:	110
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	445781

This is the MediaInfo of the new rip using 13.0.2.0:

Name:	New rip of 47 Ronin using 13.0.2.0.png
Views:	87
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	445782

Look at the difference in Bit Rate of these two rips!!! This is a huge problem.
      Also, the older rip is using a custom bits/pixel of either .12 or .14. I don't remember.
      The new rip is using High Quality bits/pixel of .20.
      There is no reason for the bit rate of 13.0.2.0 to be lower than the bit rate of the 11.1.0.7. It's half the bit rate!!!

I will not use this program until these descrepancies are confirmed and resolved.
      If there was a software change in the program that I'm unaware of, please enlighten me.
      I have not seen any Version History change notes that would indicate this massive change in quality.

If you need anything other info from me, please ask.
      Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X