• Show
Clear All

Channel 4 Channel 4 and DRM don't work with 6.1.6.4

I have updated each time - hoping. No joy

I primarily stream Channel4 & 5 plus some ITV

I can't work out how to go back to 6.1.6.1

Just waiting

Peter
  • Answer selected by Cats4U at 02-11-2024, 01:41 PM.

Originally posted by phelings View Post
    Yes it's new content. The annoying thing is that the competing program works fine with new content on Amazon and on most things but they don't support C4.
    I paid 400 USD in the last six months (AiO Liftime and additionally later New Products Guarantee)
    and I can't download any current content in HD either.

Still, I don't cry like some people here do - we all wait for a DRM fix.

Comment

I can download old content (before DRM changed) without any problems.
      New content failed because the DRM problem isn't fixed, so SF has no decryption key.
      (ITVx the same - see here)

Download
      Click image for larger version

Name:	channel4_dl.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	436665

Result
      Click image for larger version

Name:	channel4_result.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	436666

Comment

I paid extra for the Channel 4 module. I don't use it often but went to download today and sits there "analysing" forever. Please fix

Comment

> sits there "analysing" forever

Which show/film ?
          Content from before Jan 25 or after?

If it's new content then it's affected by DRM problem (work in progress)

Comment

drm seems to work for criterion channel now but not for ctv.ca

Comment

Originally posted by IronicMan View Post
              drm seems to work for criterion channel now but not for ctv.ca
              Please note that the Title subject is about Channel 4. Any other streamers are off-topic in this post. If you wish to post about Criterion or ctv.ca please find an existing open thread on the subjects. If there isn't one, start a new thread. Having said that, don't waste your time. The responses will be the same. We are in the middle of a DRM issue and older files will usually download and ones released on or after January 25th usually won't. Any problem outside the scope of the DRM issue will not even be considered to be addressed until after the DRM issue is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                > sits there "analysing" forever

Which show/film ?
                Content from before Jan 25 or after?

If it's new content then it's affected by DRM problem (work in progress)
                Yes it's new content. The annoying thing is that the competing program works fine with new content on Amazon and on most things but they don't support C4.

Comment

I paid 400 USD in the last six months (AiO Liftime and additionally later New Products Guarantee)

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

Yes we all have to wait - I was simply pointing out there is a fix elsewhere for some of the content but not for Channel 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Please note that the Title subject is about Channel 4. Any other streamers are off-topic in this post. If you wish to post about Criterion or ctv.ca please find an existing open thread on the subjects. If there isn't one, start a new thread. Having said that, don't waste your time. The responses will be the same. We are in the middle of a DRM issue and older files will usually download and ones released on or after January 25th usually won't. Any problem outside the scope of the DRM issue will not even be considered to be addressed until after the DRM issue is resolved.
                      As you closed the Amazon thread I will reply to your message here seeing as it was connected.
                      Threatening to ban me because I stick up for myself is uncalled for. If you want to make sarcastic comments just because I complain about things not working then don;t be surprised if you get comeback. I have no respect for moderators who throw their weight around simply because they can.

You call yourself a moderator - then act like one

Comment

I was simply pointing out there is a fix elsewhere for some of the content
                        How many times do you want to repeat this now?

Searching your posts shows 6x competition (4x in last 10 days)
                        If I were a mod, I would see this as advertising for the competition.
                        You definitely wouldn't have gotten that far in the competition forum.

Congratulations - you're the first on my personal ignore list​

Comment

Working...
                        X