A way to increase copy speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A way to increase copy speed

Hi, I seem to recall there is some thing one can do [ disable something in DVDFAB9 ] to increase processing speeds with slower cpu in FAB9. For example I started to process RED2 and the processing speed reads .61MB/sec with 3 hours! to process to my HD for DVD9, copy.
    Any suggestions. My cpu is a celeron 1.8ghz
    Thanks

This depends on what card your using if it has cuda or core avc use it and it will speed things up a lot.Check lightning shrink and lightning recording they will be used when you compress and speed things up lightning shrink works with cuda and quick sync if you don't have one of them leave lightning shrink unchecked.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      This depends on what card your using if it has cuda or core avc use it and it will speed things up a lot.Check lightning shrink and lightning recording they will be used when you compress and speed things up lightning shrink works with cuda and quick sync if you don't have one of them leave lightning shrink unchecked.
      Thanks for your help, but Lighting recording was already checked.It seems that in general DVDFAB9 is slow period, though like I said someone from DVDFAB once told me to disable a component in DVDFAB9 and it was processing around 3MB/sec.I have yet to use DVDFAB9 to process anything in less than 3 hours! I will stick to FAB8 or hope for a solution in the future.

Comment

Are you talking about the rip to hard drive or convert?
        What does your computer have in the box in my screen shot?

Comment

Start Task manager, open the Processes tab. Start DVDFab 9122. Start your copy to your hard drive. Your CPU is almost pegged at 95-99%, right?
          I have the same problem with any DVD on Version 9119 & 9122. If I start the copy then minimize the program so it's just an icon in the system tray it works great, in fact you can hear the read drive speed up!
          Look at the task manager, it has dropped to less than 20%, right? Maximize the DVD Fab for just a second and you'll see that drive speed is way up and the CPU % will spike until you minimize DVD Fab again.
          It didn't work as quite well for me, but a very helpful moderator, signals, had me do this:
          1) Start ver. 9122, but don't start your copy.
          2) Go to the top right corner and click on the little upside down triangle, from the drop down list select Common Settings
          3) Click on Drives, then Read, then un-check the Enable read-ahead cache box.
          That will help, You can also look above that where it says I/O Mode & change from auto to SPTI.
          Or, we People with inferior computers can just minimize ver. 9.1.2.2. once it starts to copy.

Comment

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            Start Task manager, open the Processes tab. Start DVDFab 9122. Start your copy to your hard drive. Your CPU is almost pegged at 95-99%, right?
            I have the same problem with any DVD on Version 9119 & 9122. If I start the copy then minimize the program so it's just an icon in the system tray it works great, in fact you can hear the read drive speed up!
            Look at the task manager, it has dropped to less than 20%, right? Maximize the DVD Fab for just a second and you'll see that drive speed is way up and the CPU % will spike until you minimize DVD Fab again.
            It didn't work as quite well for me, but a very helpful moderator, signals, had me do this:
            1) Start ver. 9122, but don't start your copy.
            2) Go to the top right corner and click on the little upside down triangle, from the drop down list select Common Settings
            3) Click on Drives, then Read, then un-check the Enable read-ahead cache box.
            That will help, You can also look above that where it says I/O Mode & change from auto to SPTI.
            Or, we People with inferior computers can just minimize ver. 9.1.2.2. once it starts to copy.
            Thanks for your input here, and your other message to me .I used 8230 and it worked perfectly .
            I will keep the information from you when I encounter another Version 9 problem.But like you said I probably need a better stand alone graphics card to max my processing speed.

Comment

No matter what you do you are not going to squeeze orange juice out of a turnip. Time to scrap the old girl and get something up to date. Cell phones have as much processing power as your computer.
              Last edited by Mike89; 01-11-2014, 06:08 PM.
              I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
                No matter what you do you are not going to squeeze orange juice out of a turnip. Time to scrap the old girl and get something up to date. Cell phones have as much processing power as your computer.
                Actually, the old computers in question work fine with ver 8230, so it would seem quite foolish to throw away something that works, like tossing a new phone that works great simply because a new version came out.
                So I will keep my turnip until DVD Fab version 8 is no longer supported, or changing the cache & I/O Mode settings on version 9 no longer works.
                By the way Mike89, your computer looks to be an awesome beast, I wish I could afford one just like it.

Comment

Working...
                X