ISO to MP4 RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper ISO to MP4 RIP

Is there a way to rip all ISO's in 1 directory?
    example d:\iso\*.iso (890 files) to MP4 k:\mp4.
    I have set the default write location, but what I want to do is select the root folder and walk away.
    and use the following settings:

1) Keep all forced subtitles (example Ninja turtles, when shredder talks for the first time)

2) Lossless video - this conversion is for TV and not mobile

3) Double pass (I did find this setting, not sure if double pass is for lossless video though)

Batch

I did come across this in the manual

under ripping but it seems you can point it at a folder, and if I have to type in every file name it really isn't much of a batch, at that point I might as well click and drag files into the window.

PS3 /MODE "DVDPS3" /SRC "D:\Source\sample.iso" /DEST "D:\Target\"

/MODE "DVDPS" /SRC "D:\Source\sample.iso" /DEST "D:\Target\" /PROFILE "PlayStation? 3" /AUDIO "English&Spanish" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English&Spanish" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE

Given the command, the file says it does select the subtitle tracks, but does that mean they are selected. If it matters I am streaming the content via PLEX to my PS4.

Comment

2 passes would only be used if you were encoding the video.

You would have to select the title you want ripped in each ISO, so you will probably have to add a bunch of ISOs to your queue and run them all at once

Comment

Batching files

This seems to pass the correct file names in the folder now, but isn't running the actual conversion, so more digging is needed.

set mydir=f:\convert\test
        For /F %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%') do (dvdfab.exe /MODE "DVDMP4" /SRC f:\convert\test\%%x /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "generic.mp4.h264.aac" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE)[/B]

Comment

Hi,

This code sample should work with DVDFab version 9.
          Code:
          @echo off
          SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion

set dvdfabversion=DVDFab 9 Us

rem dvdfab for 32bit windows os
          if exist "C:\Program Files\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe" set dvdfabexe="C:\Program Files\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe"
          rem dvdfab for 64bit windows os
          if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe" set dvdfabexe="C:\Program Files (x86)\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe"

For /F %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%\*.iso') do (
          echo Processing this file: %%x
          set runcmd=%dvdfabexe% /MODE "RIPPER" /SRC f:\convert\test\%%x /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "generic.mp4.h264.aac" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE
          echo Running Command: !runcmd!
          echo.
          !runcmd!
          )

ENDLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion
          Kevin

Comment

Code

I set my environment variable to the fab exe.

I used this code, but the /SRC file errors as it needs to be passed as a string.

For /F %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%') do (dvdfab.exe /MODE "DVDMP4" /SRC %mydir%\%%x /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE)

The other issue is around audio, some of my files don't have that AC-3/2 Audio type is there an auto select like DVD fab uses now, so that selects.

Lastly, on the write to destination is it possible for the write to treat any '_' in the file name as a space in the MP4 Meta data as well as in the actual file name?

Comment

I use this one liner:

forfiles /s /m *.mp4 /c "cmd /c mp4box -inter 300 @file

It runs mp4box which makes the mp4 file stream better on the BluRay player. Something about moving all of the 'atoms' to the beginning of the file.

Comment

The batch reads and populates fine but the source errors as DVDFAB expect to see a string, and not the variable.

Comment

Hi,

Code.
                  /SRC value has to be in double quotes.
                  Added delims option for file names with space(s) in them.
                  Removed AUDIOTYPE it is optional.

Code:
                  For /F "delims=\" %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%') do (dvdfab.exe /MODE "DVDMP4" /SRC "%mydir%\%%x" /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE)
                  Kevin
                  Last edited by k1lv9h; 02-27-2015, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Updated. Maybe a useful example.
                    /SRC value in double quotes.
                    Added delims option for file names with space(s) in them.

Code:
                    @echo off

if exist "C:\Program Files\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe" set dvdfabexe="C:\Program Files\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe"
                    if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe" set dvdfabexe="C:\Program Files (x86)\%dvdfabversion%\DVDFab.exe"

For /F "delims=\" %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%\*.iso') do (
                    set runcmd=%dvdfabexe% /MODE "RIPPER" /SRC "f:\convert\test\%%x" /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "generic.mp4.h264.aac" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE
                    echo.
                    !runcmd!
                    )
                    Kevin

Comment

It works!!

I had to make the following changes to account for other audio tracks

Code:
                      PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/5.1&AC-3/2"
                      So the final script is
                      Code:
                      @echo off

For /F "delims=\" %%x in ('dir /B/D %mydir%\*.iso') do (
                      set runcmd=%dvdfabexe% /MODE "RIPPER" /SRC "f:\convert\test\%%x" /DEST "K:\dvdfab" /PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/5.1&AC-3/2" /SUBTITLE "English" /DISPLAYFORCEDSUB "Yes" /CLOSE
                      echo.
                      !runcmd!
                      )

ENDLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion

Comment

I will try running the test on another file without the audio to see how it runs.

Thanks for the help!!!

Comment

File and Folder naming issues

Code:
                          PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English" /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/5.1&AC-3/2"
                          It looks like it also works using this string
                          Code:
                          PROFILE "mp4.default" /AUDIO "English"
                          Notice the audio type was removed

However when I set the destination path as shown below the system crashes and reboot my computer. I believe it is because the foldername ends up being filename.iso\movie\volumename, my preference would be \dvdfab\filename.

Code:

/DEST "K:\dvdfab\%%x"

A couple of questions..
                          1. Is there any easy way to get the file name minus file extension as the output path when using batch.

2. Is there a way in the batch process to rename the Title Name, so it is the same as the file name. I.E. when the MP4 plays it shows name_morename.iso

3. In the batchmode is there a way to set the actual filename preference. I know in the program you can got to general settings - but my values set there don't seem to hold. Example I changed the format from Wall_E to Wall E, notice the underscore is removed. Also, I removed the ".title1" tag but that seems to show up too. Long story short I want to use "<Filename>" but the DVDFAB documents don't seem to reference what are viable options.

Comment

Hi,
                            Originally posted by dcatcha View Post

A couple of questions..
                            1. Is there any easy way to get the file name minus file extension as the output path when using batch.
                            Change it to
                            Code:
                            /DEST "%mp4dest%\%%~nx"
                            2. Is there a way in the batch process to rename the Title Name, so it is the same as the file name. I.E. when the MP4 plays it shows name_morename.iso
                            Not that I know of. I sent you a Private message with the free program I use. Using the program I created a user defined action to remove ".Title1" from filename and title field. I have not doubt it can replace the underscore with a space.
                            3. In the batchmode is there a way to set the actual filename preference. I know in the program you can got to general settings - but my values set there don't seem to hold. Example I changed the format from Wall_E to Wall E, notice the underscore is removed. Also, I removed the ".title1" tag but that seems to show up too. Long story short I want to use "<Filename>" but the DVDFAB documents don't seem to reference what are viable options.
                            If you are intent on doing this. Run DVDFab with "Run as administrator" make changes then exit.

If it still fails Filenames and Mp4 Titles can be changed after using the free program with a user defined action. I mentioned in the private message.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                            X