This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU How to enable Intel Quick Sync Video (IQS) in DVDFab

Supported OS: Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (32 and 64-bit)
    Supported Processors: Intel HD Graphics, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation Intel Core processor-based platforms
    You can check it in the website.

First, you need an Intel CPU with the Intel® HD Graphics card which support Intel® Quick Sync Video.
    The Intel HD Graphics card always come with an Intel CPU and the monitor interface is on the motherboard.

Second, update to the latest driver from intel.com.
    You can download the driver automatically from the website. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect
    Or browser and download manually from this website. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support

Third, to enable IQS in DVDFab.

1. If you have the HD Graphics only and the driver is up to date, IQS should be enabled in DVDFab directly.

2. If you have a discrete card and HD Graphics card together, please follow these:
    Case1: There are some old motherboard do not support to enable the discrete card and the HD Graphics card together. The HD graphics card will be disabled automatically when insert the discrete card. Sorry to say, to enable IQS in DVDFab, you should take out the discrete card and use the HD graphics card only.
    Case2: The motherboard is support to enable the discrete card and the HD graphics card together.
    How to enable the HD graphics card in Bios? (GIGABYTE H61M-DS2 (Intel H61 (Cougar Point)).

Please ignore me

The setting is different with different motherboard, would you please upload the screenshot of your motherboard to help others?

After enable the HD graphics card in BIOS, and check the status in Windows Device Manager (Control Panel -> Show all -> Device Manager or Right click Computer icon and select Manager).

See the attached file "Device manager.jpg".

The discrete card and the HD graphics should be shown in Display adapters.

1). Use Integrated and Discrete Graphics at the same time.(Recommand)
    Multi monitor with multi video cables.If you have more monitor, connect one monitor with the discrete card and connect one monitor with the HD graphics card. The performance of the discrete card should be used and the ISO also should be enabled in DVDFab.
    One monitor with two video cables.If your monitor has two or more interfaces, just connect the discrete card and the HD graphics card to the same monitor, and you also use the discrete card as the main card.
    See the attached file "display.jpg".

2). Use Intel HD Graphic Only. Connect the monitor with HD graphics card and use HD graphics card as the main card, maybe the performance of other application is lower than the discrete card.

3). Connect the monitor with the discrete card and use the tool Lucid Virtu MVP, you need to add FabCheck.exe/DVDFab.exe to application list and enable FabCheck.exe with I mode. IQS should be also enabled in DVDFab, but it’s not in hardware status, and the converting speed is slower than when connecting the monitor with HD graphics card directly. Lucid Virtu MVP won't guarantee.

You can run mediasdk_sys_analyzer to check if your system set ringht.(The tool is provide by Intel )

If you could not detect the IQS GPU in DVDFab, please post the DVDFab internal log &fabcheck log files. And the run the tool mediasdk_sys_analyzer and give us the screenshot.

Hope this help you!

Wilson
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 06-07-2016, 02:58 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

quicksync on atom z3740

here is my logs attached. the intel atom z3740 baytrail has intel quicksync but it isn't working on dvdfab. im on a asus transformer book t100
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the mediasdk info

here is the mediasdk info when ran
      Attached Files

Comment

How does this screen in common settings look?
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

common settings screen

here is what the common settings screen looks like
          Attached Files

Comment

You need to set everything you can to Intel, use the drop down menu for each encoder and decoder to change them. It will tell you if it is not supported.

Albert Einstein

Comment

settings

it wont let me change settings. I attached what it said. my graphics do have quicksync don't know why its not working or showing as supported. I have every driver up to date.
              Attached Files

Comment

I don't know pal, looks like it ought to be working to me

Albert Einstein

Comment

@4BuBert

We did some improve for GPU check in next new version, please wait it out and try again.

And please tell us the result.
                  Thanks!

Wilson
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Please update to the latest version V9127 and try again.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                      3). Connect the monitor with the discrete card and use the tool Lucid Virtu MVP, you need to add FabCheck.exe/DVDFab.exe to application list and enable FabCheck.exe with I mode. IQS should be also enabled in DVDFab, but it’s not in hardware status, and the converting speed is slower than when connecting the monitor with HD graphics card directly. Lucid Virtu MVP won't guarantee.

Wilson
                      FabCheck.exe/DVDFab.exe ??

I always enabled Fabcore.exe/DVDFab.exe !!

Comment

Like I said in another post I had to reinstall the previous Intel HD driver version 3412 (v15.33.13.3412) to get ICS going in DVDFab again. DVDFab are sorting a fix for the latest Intel drivers.

Also if you have the monitor plugged in the Dedicated video card (GTX580 in my case), I use Lucid Virtu (v1.x came free with my mobo) to enable the intergrated GPU just for DVD Fab encoding.

I have Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen3 recently upgraded to Ivy Bridge Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz and it runs at approx 220 fps from 60GB Bluray ISO -> H264 .mkv file, with 16% CPU and Nvidia GTX580 idle so I can still play games!! I'm yet to o/c the IGPU on the i7 from the stock 1150MHz (or what ever it is from memory).

Comment

Hi kicken
                          The latest beta should fix this issue, see this thread http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24619
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            Hi kicken
                            The latest beta should fix this issue, see this thread http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24619
                            CBR929
                            Cheers mate. I'll look into it asap.

Comment

still not working

I updated to 9.1.4.0 quick sync still not working on my atom z3740 t100ta

Comment

Working...
                              X