No announcement yet.

DVD Fab v9.3.1.6 (Win)won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want a new version to try here is the new version 10 of Fab its a alfa version but be good to see if it installs and runs for you.

The chkdsk ran for me after restart but didn't give me the results after waiting 30 mins to scan my large hard drive so their may be a bug in the new windows 10 Anniversary release.I will try it again overnight.

Comment

Cbr929

I am using Charter Security Suite ... F-Secure. Internet Provider Soft ware.
      Just to let you know I tried to restore to an earlier date but it did not give me an option to go back far enough before I updated to 9.3.1.6
      Will Revo uninstaller replace the one from control panel?
      Will Malware Bytes interfere with F-Secure?
      Meantime do I try to download version 10 and see if that works?
      I'm up for awhile so if you read this please let me know if you are going to be up.

Comment

You were asking for a new version to try now you have it why not give it a try
        also when you go back in time with windows restore theirs a button to display more restore points did you try that also?

Reveo is a separate helper program and windows programs stays the same.Reveo cleans hard to delete files left behind by other programs and is a free program.Make sure you do a full scan for viruses with your security program to see if your computer is effected with something.

On the Malware bytes program if it finds real malware and files that it see's as non malware but could be unsafe problem with that program is it finds non malware from regular programs and sometimes causes them not to work if you choice to let the program quarantine them the program will say found problems with example 600 files but it's non malware and thinks their unsafe well i don't quarantine them as they can effect normal programs and their will be a lot of them.I only quarantine programs that it says are malware and for the year or so I have it never was their any real malware found so be careful using this program ok.

The security program you have is a free internet provider program correct?
        I tried the chkdsk again it worked after a restart but didn't give results so may be a bug in that program.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          You were asking for a new version to try now you have it why not give it a try
          also when you go back in time with windows restore theirs a button to display more restore points did you try that also?

Reveo is a separate helper program and windows programs stays the same.Reveo cleans hard to delete files left behind by other programs and is a free program.Make sure you do a full scan for viruses with your security program to see if your computer is effected with something.

On the Malware bytes program if it finds real malware and files that it see's as non malware but could be unsafe problem with that program is it finds non malware from regular programs and sometimes causes them not to work if you choice to let the program quarantine them the program will say found problems with example 600 files but it's non malware and thinks their unsafe well i don't quarantine them as they can effect normal programs and their will be a lot of them.I only quarantine programs that it says are malware and for the year or so I have it never was their any real malware found so be careful using this program ok.

The security program you have is a free internet provider program correct?
          I tried the chkdsk again it worked after a restart but didn't give results so may be a bug in that program.
          When I restored it did not have a button to go back in time.. just said restore to before 9/28/16

Comment

Did you see this box in my screen shot check mark it and hit the next button to see more restore points? Don't go back too far as sometimes it doesn't work just go back to just before the problem began then update any files and get security program updates and check for new windows updates as there was a new version of windows 10 everyone is getting called the Anniversary edition that also may have done something to your computer so try Fab with and without the new windows version as it could effect the security program also.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 3dman; 09-30-2016, 02:54 PM.

Comment

DVDFab 10

Did not have that box on the left.. I have to go back before DVDFab 9.3.1.6 came out...

Downloaded it and unfortunately it does NOT work either.. won't even open.
              I am going to run a virus check with F-Secure and see what it comes up with.. If you know of a way I can restore to a much earlier time please let me know. After I use this to scan I will take you advice and download the other one and try it.. even turning off F-Secure internet protection neither DVDFab 9 or 10 will work.. Be Back later this afternoon..
              Thank you
              Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 09-30-2016, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Uninstall your cable providers security completely with this tool to do just this.
                ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools...lationTool.exe

Once done if windows doesn't turn on it's own firewall and windows defender
                then do so yourself get windows defenders updates do a full scan then download any version of Fab latest version 9 or both versions 9 and the alpa version 10 and you should be good to go.

I would recommend a pay security service such as Norton I don't recommend less free programs for security this is the most important program on your computer don't go cheap or free here.

Why do I think it's this because another user had the exact same problem with Windows 10.Your on windows 7 same problem so it's likely not windows or your computer.The things you have in common is the security program and the way it let you use Fab once then no more and the corrupt file message so logic says it's this.
                Last edited by 3dman; 09-30-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

3dman7

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                  Uninstall your cable providers security completely with this tool to do just this.
                  ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools...lationTool.exe

Once done if windows doesn't turn on it's own firewall and windows defender
                  then do so yourself get windows defenders updates do a full scan then download any version of Fab latest version 9 or both versions 9 and the alpa version 10 and you should be good to go.

I would recommend a pay security service such as Norton I don't recommend less free programs for security this is the most important program on your computer don't go cheap or free here.

Why do I think it's this because another user had the exact same problem with Windows 10.Your on windows 7 same problem so it's likely not windows or your computer.The things you have in common is the security program and the way it let you use Fab once then no more and the corrupt file message so logic says it's this.
                  But why did everything work just fine before I downloaded 9.3.1.6..just asking

Comment

Could be the security program changed something
                    could be Windows changed something
                    Could be Fab changed something
                    could be this ,could be that, could of, should have, would have, doesn't matter the other user got it working so you should to.
                    Last edited by 3dman; 09-30-2016, 11:45 PM.

Comment

DVDFab9 & 10

Start off I want to thank you all for helping me out... Here's the results.
                      1. Open Charter Security Suite,,click on Tools,, click on Turn off All Security Features,,click on Turn Off, another box will open.."Do you want this app to make changes etc etc" click on Yes.. another one will pop up saying it is "Turning Off"...
                      Windows Defender automatically starts up
                      2. Both DVDFab 9 or 10 now works like it is supposed to. After I use one of them all I have to do is click on the Icon for Charter Security Suite and it will start back up and Windows Defender will automatically Shut Down..
                      It seems Charter Security Suite has an issue with Windows Defender??
                      When Charter is turned off it will auto restart when you either A. Open it back up or B. Restart or reboot your computer. I can live with this and again I just want to thank ALL of you for your time and patience in helping me out.. DVDFab is in my opinion the best one on the market and I thank you for keeping it available. BTW I like the skin on 10 & looking forward to more updates.

Comment

Originally posted by JimKnopf View Post
                        Got the same error on my Win 10 system.
                        Installer and all files MD5 remain unchanged after installation; the first start of dvdfab.exe invoked by the installer works fine but any later try to start dvdfab.exe gets this error.
                        Finally figured out that the F-Secure protection software (provided by my cable provider) is causing this. No issues anymore if I just deactivate the F-Secure packet for the start of dvdfab.exe and reactivate it while dvdfab.exe is running.
                        This behavior started with the first beta after release 9.3.1.2.

Well, this is a workaround but I feel somewhat uncomfortable with this.
                        Had I really read what YOU posted I could have saved everyone a lot of time. see post before this one on page 4
                        Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 10-01-2016, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Do you guys work on trucks???????? Lol

Comment

DVDFab9 & 10

October262, 3dman7, JimKnopf, 90312, CBR929
                            Start off I want to thank you all for helping me out... Here's the results.
                            1. Open Charter Security Suite,,click on Tools,, click on Turn off All Security Features,,click on Turn Off, another box will open.."Do you want this app to make changes etc etc" click on Yes.. another one will pop up saying it is "Turning Off"...
                            Windows Defender automatically starts up
                            2. Both DVDFab 9 or 10 now works like it is supposed to. After I use one of them all I have to do is click on the Icon for Charter Security Suite and it will start back up and Windows Defender will automatically Shut Down..
                            It seems Charter Security Suite has an issue with Windows Defender??
                            When Charter is turned off it will auto restart when you either A. Open it back up or B. Restart or reboot your computer. I can live with this and again I just want to thank ALL of you for your time and patience in helping me out.. DVDFab is in my opinion the best one on the market and I thank you for keeping it available. BTW I like the skin on 10 & looking forward to more updates.
                            Last edited by Cajun LaFitte; 10-04-2016, 05:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention everyone who helped...

Comment

Working...
                            X